(Y/N) rolled her eyes at Ayato's usual lack of patience. "You think it's easy deciding?"

"Well, Shrimp, you can be a normal feeble and life-loving human like everyone else instead of being a danger magnet and choosing the worst possible place to be present." Ayato pointed out.

"Or I could not send independent, strong-willed badass woman back 100 years and come with you?"

Ayato shook his head, his piercing blue eyes cold.

"No."

"Oh come on. I won't be getting any action with Kaneki-kun. Besides, as I have stated before I've always wanted to do dramatic entrances on purpose."

Ayato shook his head, suddenly dead serious.

"Nope."

"Ayato-kun is this about me being unable to protect myself? Because you know very well that I am more than capable of doing that." (Y/N) said, now getting a bit annoyed at how over protective Ayato was being.

Sensing the change in the atmosphere, Banjo forecasted a couple fight brewing. He cleared his throat, hoping to catch either of their attention. Of course, it fell on deaf ears as the two were too busy glaring at each other.

"I'm not letting you actively put yourself in danger. You're going with Kaneki." Ayato did not like the determination in her eyes one bit.

Banjo and Kaneki glanced at each other awkwardly, suddenly feeling like extra's in a romance manga.

"What? You can't decide that for me Ayato-kun. I'm going with you." (Y/N) snapped. The truth was, it wasn't the dramatic entrance. She just wanted to be with him. It was stupid, but she wanted to be able to protect him. If they were going to cochlea, a place crawling with CCG agents, she was going with him.

Ayato, who was leaning on the fridge, kicked himself off and stood up straight. His towering height would've been intimidating if (Y/N) wasn't seriously agitated and annoyed beyond reason.

She was more than capable of protecting herself, she wasn't that weak girl he rescued all those years ago . . . Why doesn't he get that. . .

"Dammit, Shrimp. Stop being stubborn for once in your life and listen to me." Ayato growled, stepping forward.

(Y/N) stepped forward as well, her hands balled into a fist and her anger rising.

"No, you listen to me. I can protect myself. Why can't you just stop treating me like I'm some fragile piece of glass!" (Y/N) yelled.

Ayato's teeth clenched and his eyes were narrowed.

Banjo and Kaneki had never felt more awkward in their lives. Banjo got up, followed by Kaneki. Ayato and (Y/N) didn't even notice this action.

"We'll just uhh, give you guys some space." He chuckled nervously as Kaneki and him practically made a run for it, dissappearing from the kitchen in 0.5 seconds. Leaving a fuming (Y/N) and an annoyed Ayato alone.

"It's because you are. You're a human. You don't have enhanced regeneration, or enhanced strength. You're fast, but sometimes being fast isn't enough. One fatal blow, that's all it takes, Shrimp." Ayato snapped. His bangs dropped over his piercing blue eyes.

Seeing her being constantly surrounded by danger made his blood boil. If he could, he would kill every fucker that came near her with malicious intent. But he couldn't always protect her and it angered him when she willingly put herself in danger for other people.

(Y/N)'s anger flared.

"Why are you so intent on being an ass? I'm coming with you, whether you want me to or not! Why are you being so damn difficult? You know I hate it when people treat me like I'm so weak. I'm not! Just give me one good reason why--"