"What do you mean by that?"

"He means that there isn't –"

"I want him to tell me." She said interrupting me. I looked at Brendon and he gulped. Why is he so afraid of her? Because he doesn't want to disappoint?

"We've been doing good, but not great."

"You told me this place has been running smoothly and perfectly. Your exact words."

"Well, um, the only people who come here are the elderly and they buy the minimum of stuff. Whenever we do get groups of teenagers they never come back and Ryan explained why. This place has an old vibe to it that not many locals are attracted to. We were planning on remodeling lots of it to make it more modern and to bring in more customers." He explained and she understood.

"What about the old people?"

"They're going to need to find a new place if they want." Brendon said and she sighed.

"Go ahead and do your remodeling. Michael, take me back home." She said and Michael nodded. Brendon sighed and rubbed his face.

"She seems happy."

"She's not." He said and I nodded. Nope, she's not.

"I think she's just upset this place isn't the same but she'll come around. She knows you're right about the customers, there's nothing we can do about the elderly." I explained and he sat down on a chair and rested his head on the table. I sat down in the same table and knew we had to keep working.

"Come on, we need to find a new font for the new name."

"A new name she's going to hate."

"Honestly, don't take this the wrong way but fuck what she thinks, alright? I've seen you so worried and stressed over this that it's annoying the crap out of me. I don't see why you're working yourself out over this, this is you. This place is considered yours now since you're the one who stays here all day and night to make sure it stays up and running. From what I'm aware of, she just stays home and asks how her business is doing. She might've started it but it's no longer hers. You gave up your dream to keep hers going, this is now on you. If this place goes down, you will too. So for now on, fuck what she thinks and let's do what you want." I explained and he blinked.

"Brendon, I need the car keys." Michael said awkwardly. He must've heard some of my speech. Brendon took the keys from his pocket and tossed them at him. "And from what I've heard Ryan say, I agree. I hate working here but I'm only doing it for her since she wants this to be some family business. I think it's time we step up, mainly you." He added before leaving. I looked back at Brendon and he was resting his chin at the palm of his hand.

"Why are you always right?"

"It's a gift." I said and he sighed.

"Okay, we're doing this. We're remodeling this entire place and I won't think about how much you're spending."

"That's what I've been wanting to hear." I said and snapped my fingers. After that Z showed up.

"Someone called for my help." She said opening the door. "You clearly need it." She added looking around the place. I chuckled and stood up.

"Brendon, this is Z, Z, Brendon, he's the owner of the place." I said and he smiled taking pride and shaking her hand.

"Nice to finally meet one of Ryan's boyfriends. Just kidding, you're the only one he has." She joked and I chuckled. Brendon bit his lip and looked at me before saying.

"I'm not his boyfriend, I'm actually taken, by my girlfriend." He corrected and she nodded.

"Oh, my apologies. You two would look so cute together, I would love to be the flower girl but oh well. Let's get to work." She said and I chuckled. Brendon was a bit uncomfortable. That just says a lot now. He's straight and taken. Fuck me for being so unlucky.