Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

At this point we were just rounding the corner of the hall that lead to the main room of the pack house. I quickly scanned our surroundings for anyone around us, careful not to let him see what I was doing. Swiftly, before he even saw it coming I leaned towards him and let my tongue sweep across my mark on his neck. His steps faltered and he came to a halt in the middle of the hallway. Not yet satisfied with my work, I closed my mouth around the mark and sucked lightly, I felt it as he shivered, groaning softly. Pulling back, I looked at his face, a triumphant smirk on my lips. His eyes were closed but when he opened them they were almost completely black. Yep, two can play this game.

"Nika.." His voice was raspy, strained as he spoke.

"Yeah?" I asked, using a sickly sweet and innocent voice.

"You just love to tiptoe on the edge of danger don't you?"

"What?" I exclaimed, with fake shock. "Me? Oh no, no sir. Never." A low growl rumbled inside his chest as he shook his head.

"I'm only refraining from throwing you over my shoulder again and taking you to our room to have my way with you because you are still recovering, but let me say this one time. As soon as its safe, I'm going to lock you in our room and have you screaming my name." His dark eyes bore into mine as he spoke in that deep sexy tone I loved so much. The warmth of his breath fanning against the skin on my neck caused goosebumps to rise along my arms.

I swallowed roughly as my pulse raced through my veins, my heart beating wildly in my chest with anticipation and want. I licked my dry lips and blinked. Well for fuck sake.. that certainly back fired on me, big time. Here I was trying to tease him and now I'm all hot and bothered. Our eyes remained locked with one another, shocks and tingles racing along where our bare skin made contact. Dom's intense gaze was drawing me in, pulling me in deeper and deeper.

"If you two are done with..." Brent's voice broke me from the trance. "well whatever the hell you are doing. There is someone waiting for Nikita up in your bedroom." Dominic blinked, clearing his throat before he began to walk down the hallway again. Blinking rapidly I swallowed, dragging my eyes away from him to look at Brent.

"Who?" I asked, trying my hardest to make sure my voice sounded normal.

"Oh just another male that hopelessly loves you." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders. I could feel Dom become instantly tense, a low guttural growl vibrated deep in his chest. Brent, oblivious to Dominic's agitation continued to talk.

"He's been waiting impatiently for your release from the hospital ward. Saying how much he misses you and can't wait to see you. He loves you very much indeed." Dom's fingertips dug into the flesh of my leg and side. By now I knew who it had to be and seeing Dom act this was way, well it was to funny so i decided not to tell him. Brent was undoubtedly talking about Jackson, no way in hell would they allow anyone else up on the Alpha and Luna's floor.

"I'll handle it." Dom ground out. Leaving no room for discussion or argument. My eyes met Brent's and I had to bite my lower lip not to laugh. His eyes were dancing with amusement as he watched a very angry Dominic walk past him with me in his arms. Tapping into the pack link, I focused on Brent and opened up our own link.

'Very sly, Brent.' I snickered into the link.

'Why thank you. I thought it was a good one myself.' He said, pride clear in his voice.

'Oh, yes. It is definitely good, but I have a question.'

'Yeah?'

'What do you think Dominic is going to do once he figures it out?'