Hoofdstuk 64

Hier is een extra update omdat ik vandaag jarig ben! Enjoy!

Xoxo Zoë

~ Zoë ~

"You lied to me?!" Schreeuwt Luke, duidelijk kwaad. "I, I did..." Zegt Alexia terwijl ik haar stem een octaaf hoger klinkt. "Why?" Wil hij weten. "I didn't want you to get mad." Zegt ze.

"But still, you didn't have to lie." Zegt Calum. "Let's just not pick sides Cal." Bijt ik hem toe. Hij werpt me een verschrikte blik toe.

"I can't believe you lied." Zegt Luke. "You are my GIRLFRIEND. You can tell me anything." Zegt hij. "I know, but I just didn't want you to get so protective over me, I can take care of myself Luke!" Zegt Alexia gefrustreerd. "Well, you clearly can't! Just look at your face!" Bijt hij haar toe. "And that's just one thing, but lie about it? That's low, you know I would have understood!"

Ik zie tranen vormen in Alex haar ogen. "No! You wouldn't! You wouldn't have understood! That's exactly why I decided to not tell it." Zegt ze boos. Luke haalt gefrustreerd zijn handen door zijn haar. Hij staat op het punt weg te lopen en Alexia slaat haar handen voor haar ogen terwijl ze snikt. Ik besluit dat dit niet zo mag gaan.

"Luke Hemmings! Don't walk away from your fucking problem!" Schreeuw ik. Hij draait zich verbaast om en werpt me een venijnige blik toe. "This is none of your business Zoë!" Krijg ik als antwoord. "You know what? Alex is my best friend, so it actually is my business. Do you even listen to her? She didn't tell you the truth, because you would exactly act like this." Bijt ik hem toe.

"She lied Zoë, don't you understand how much I hate that?" Zegt hij boos. "That's not a good reason to get mad Luke! She didn't want to tell you, because she was scared that you would get mad, not on her, but on your fans. She decided to sacrifice that for you! She tried to help me, she stood up for me! Those girls, were calling me fat. And she, she stood up for me! And yes, she got into a fight with that girl, and yes, she lied about it. But she did it for me, and all she wanted was just to be helpful! And now you come and act all childish like this. She doesn't deserve this from you Luke. You should be proud of her for what she did! Your girlfriend is the sweetest and kindest girl I've ever met and the best friend I can imagine, and she definitely doesn't have to take your shit. So pull yourself together and use your brain! 'Cause you're acting ridiculous right now! What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" Schreeuw ik naar hem.

Het is een tijdje still. "You did?" Vraagt Luke. De blik in zijn ogen verzacht en zijn stem ook. "Yeah..." Zegt Alexia. "Now get your shit together and show her you love her, don't be a jerk Luke, we both know you're better than that." Zeg ik.

Hij haalt nerveus zijn handen door zijn haar. Dan loopt hij op Alex af, omsluit voorzichtig haar gezicht met zijn handen en kust haar. "I'm sorry." Zegt hij als ze weer terugtrekken. "I shouldn't have treated you like that. Please, forgive me?" Vraagt hij hoopvol. "Of course I forgive you." Zegt ze. Ze zoenen nog een keer, jeetje het lijkt wel een roman.

"Those stupid girls." Mompel ik terwijl ik driftig de opkomende tranen wegveeg. "I just can't believe it." Zucht Michael terwijl hij me een knuffel geeft. "What?" Fluister ik. "Where they got the idea to call you fat, it's so obvious that you aren't."

Ik denk er even over na. "Well, I don't know either, but somehow they did get the idea." Mompel ik.

"I think it's just my past."

"Would you mind telling us a bit more about your past?" Vraagt Calum voorzichtig. Ik zucht. "No, I wouldn't mind." Zeg ik. "Well, years ago, when I was... I think I was fifteen. I got bullied by people at school. I got in this, light depression, I didn't really see the point of life anymore. People called me fat, told me I was a mistake." Zeg ik terwijl ik hoor hoe mijn stem steeds zachter wordt.