Dancin' Fool

"Good afternoon," Dianne said as I entered the training room just after noon.
"Hi, how were rehearsals?" I asked pleasantly, giving her a hug, though I was mindful not to pull her too close (as much as I wanted to) as we weren't alone in the room.
"It was good. I'm excited for this weekend! How did your recording go?" She asked in return.
"Really good. It's actually really fun. And it's nice to see Caspar and spend some time together, even if we are working at the same time," I said.

I exchanged greetings with the interns who were applying some tape to the floor before turning back to Dianne.

"Ok, what have we got this week?" I asked, unable to wait any longer to find out.
"This week, we have the... quickstep to... one sec...," she said turning to check her phone causing me to laugh.
"The quickstep to Dancin Fool, that's what it's called," she finished.
"Dancin' Fool. Yep, never heard of it," I laughed, not knowing the song either.
"Well we'll know it by the end of this week," she replied.

"So we've got a nice big space to practice in this week because the floor at the Blackpool tower is big, and we'll be expected to fill it," she explained, gesturing to the big hall we were in.
"Ok," I nodded to show I was listening.
"Also we'll have extra dancers this week and they should be here... tomorrow I think to rehearse with us for a while," she continued.
"Yes, tomorrow afternoon," one of the interns confirmed.

"Really," I said surprised. I hadn't been expecting extra dancers to be performing with us. That's really cool!

"Yep, everyone gets backing dancers in Blackpool because it's special. And... we'll also have this," she said excitedly gesturing to the floor next to where the guys were stood.
"Umm, some tape on the floor," I said in confusion.
"Well, yes. That will become a huge piano on the floor which we're gonna dance on for part of the routine. See, these are meant to be the keys," she explained and it now all made much more sense.

"Ahh," I replied.
"Right. Come on! Stretches, then we can get started. I'm so excited for this!" She grinned and I followed her lead.
Here's to another week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Dianne's POV)

"I'm actually so happy to be back doing ballroom this week," Joe said as we took our first break of the day.
"I know! You're such a ballroom boy Joe," I responded and it is true. After a rocky start with the ballroom, he has become such a natural ballroom dancer now. He has such a good ballroom frame which a lot of the professionals have complimented him on. Well, apart from his left shoulder creeping up sometimes, but it's such a minor thing.
But apart from that, his footwork is clean and precise and he's getting better and better at leading the dance as you would expect from the male dancer.
Not to mention his lovely long neck which in itself is perfect for ballroom.

"I actually love ballroom so much. It's a bit of me. After Strictly's over and everything do you think we'll be able to keep dancing and go to... I don't know... waltz parties?" He asked.

"Waltz parties?" I giggled.
"Yeh. I don't know if there a thing and I'm tempted to google it, but I do really want to keep dancing. Especially ballroom," he continued, laughing a bit himself.

"Well I don't know if they are a thing either but we'll keep dancing. I'm sure of it," I assured him.
I could tell he was being serious about this so I treated his request in the same way.

"I can already tell I love the quickstep," he said, changing the subject back to this weeks dance.
"I thought you would. I had a feeling this would be right up your street so I've really ramped up the content for this one. It's going to be amazing," I explained.