Studio Time

Friday is here meaning no more time rehearsing. Eek.

Me and Joe are at Elstree studios as, of course, it's camera block through day!

Again, I didn't sleep very well last night as I'm still worried sick about this dance. Joe just has so much more to give in this competition and getting through to Blackpool will mean the absolute world to him. To both of us.

I know he wants to get there so bad so he can perform for his Nan at the Blackpool tower. It's already confirmed that she'll be there in the audience, along with a lot of the rest of Joe's family, if we get through tomorrow night.

If we get through, it will also be my first time competing at the tower ballroom. I have danced there before last year with Strictly but as me and Revo left in week 3, I've never competed there myself with a partner. It would be an absolute dream of mine if we can make it. And competing there for my first time with Joe, the man that I love, will make it even more special. Just one more vote to go and it'll be a reality.

Bless him. I'd laid there watching his Instagram stories last night, the Samba constantly on his mind. The timing going through his head, over and over again. I'm so proud of him my little dance superstar.

Approaching the dressing rooms now, I knocked on the door of Joe's where I'm assuming he is but there's no response. Strange.

Opening the door a little, I peaked my head around to see him passed out snoozing in the sofa. Awww.

His face looks so peaceful as he sleeps and I can feel my heart melting a little just looking at him. He looks the most relaxed I've seen him all week.
Deciding to let him sleep (at least one of us is) I shut the door again quietly and headed to the lounge where some of the others are gathered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Dianne, do you know where Joe is. We're pretty much ready for your guys camera block through now."

I looked up from my phone to answer.
"He was snoozing in his dressing room. I'll go find him now and we'll come to the studio," I replied standing up and stretching.
"Thank you," They replied before moving over to talk to AJ.

"Surprised your not snoozing with him," Amy giggled and I looked over to see some of the others grinning at me.
"Yeh, I thought I'd let him get some rest you know," I replied playing it cool before walking away to go get Joe.

Not bothering to knock on the door this time, I just opened the door and slipped into his dressing room.
"Hey," He said, looking up from his phone. He'd woken up since I'd checked on him earlier and was now casually sprawled out on the sofa relaxing.
"Hi, have a nice nap?" I questioned.
"Yeh, I definitely needed that. How did you know I'd been asleep?" He asked.
"Came by earlier and saw you snoozing," I explained.
"Oh right, sorry," he apologised.
"No, it's fine. I'm glad you were able to get some extra rest. You've done some long hours in the training room this week," I responded.
"I know, tell me about it. Feel like I've barely been home," he replied.
"I'm proud of you Joe, you've really put he time and effort in this week and now it's gonna pay off," I told him, reaching over to take his hand.

"Thank you Di, it really means a lot to me. And thank you for putting up with my god awful attempts to dance this week. I know it hasn't been easy," he replied, gripping my hand back as if he never wanted to let go.
"Aww Joe," I cooed, giving him a quick kiss, "I need to thank you too. I haven't been the nicest to you this week and I'm really sorry about that. Just with not sleeping well, and it being that time of the month and how tough rehearsals were, I turned into a bit of a bitch."

Joe shushed me pulling me into a hug.
"It's fine, don't worry about it. We've made it through, and no matter how tough this week has been, and whatever happens tomorrow night, I've loved every minute I've spent with you. Dancing, rehearsing, laughing, filming reaction videos, cuddling in bed. It's all been the best time of my life, and that's down to you," he said.