Chapter Four: There's Always a Friend in Need

Start from the beginning

Henry glared at home before leading the way south. "Stay close, there can be some creatures lurking in the dark, since we can't walk during the day- all things considered." He growled and stomped like a defeated child.

"It seems you knew me back there, personally. Have we met before?"

"Different universe."

"Huh? I heard many things but I never heard of a different universe out there."

I chuckled to myself, their oblivious minds always give me a good laugh. "How many galaxies do you think is out there? How many planets have the same components and properties as earth? Then there's the subject of time;
here now, future, past. It's all just a jumble of mess that no one can actually grasp, yet here I am, in another body, time and place."

"Another body?"

"A Greek god name Hypnos, stretches my mind from my own to another body- this one. Names Jupiter, in my world we helped each out a few times, you gave me advice, and I'm married to your friend- Lucas Maynor."

"Lucas Maynor, I haven't seen him in years. How was he, in your universe?"

I sighed heavily, the last image of him popped in my head; his forest green eyes, hit tears streaming down his face, and quivering lips that I wanted to kiss so bad. "Happy, you two actually resolved whatever he was running from. Clearly you two were friends once, like frat boys."

"Yeah, that part is the same." He adjusted the blanket on his shoulders, head hung low and eyes studying the ground, frowning deeply before pushing down his past emotions. "Anyway, pleasure to meet you Jupiter."

"Likewise, Donovan."

"That's really creepy." He laughed while picking up his pace.

"We should rest." Henry stopped, the man made path lead us deeper into another part of roads. A steep hill stood in the way of seeing the rest of this yellow brick road of ours. "I'm feeling awfully sick, I think I have a concussion."

"Sleeping won't help with that." Don stayed while walking into Henry's space, causing the head warlock to step back into the nearest tree. "I can help with that, heal you right up."

"I heard what vampire venom can do to a person, I don't need an addiction in my hands."

I paused, my own head was feeling a little dizzy, my rush of adrenaline was wearing out as the bile started to sneak up on me. "I would take some of that venom, it'll help. If we heal now, we'll have enough energy to last through the night. We'll do an exchange, blood for blood." Removing the cloth on my palm, the cut was still fresh- the bleeding stopped but it was still open and vulnerable for infection.

"I would have to cut in on this. I advice we all keep our own blood for the night and just settle."

"Settle where?" I scoffed, eyes wandering around the open space, the moonlight guided the path- along with the flashlight hanging off my belt, but even that's not enough to get rid of creepy crawlers or anything else that wants to eat us. "How far is the camp?"

"Twenty. Twenty-five miles."

"Which one is it?" Don snarled, his frustration was well noted. I grabbed his arm to hold him back, the last thing we need is a fight.

"Twenty-five."

"Okay, we can get there by dawn." I looked up, the moon was starting to set, now past twelve and most likely have five hours left; there's no time for rest. "Mister Chung, I assure you everything is going to fine, just some venom- that's all. But I'm not going to pressure you, just know we're going to continue on." Pulling out the knife, I went to make a fresh cut, however, Don stops me.