~Chapter 8~

Third person's point of view.

The race to catch up with Team 8, was easy. The four members were so heavy footed that Team 7 could have followed them blind and still would have found them. Especially the client, who seemed to need to sit every twenty minutes. Coming to a lakefront, the trio and their teacher were going to need to travel over the water to catch up with their fellow rookies. "Okay this looks like it will at least be a two-hour long run," Naruto said looking at his team,

"I think rotating and carrying each other is our best bet." Naruto added and the others nodded. "So who's going to be carried first?" Sasuke asked when none of them jumped to be the first one on their teammate's back. Sakura and Naruto both looked at Sasuke and then back to each other before they grinned, Sasuke didn't like the look they shared. He knew exactly what the look meant,

And was going to start going when Naruto grabbed Sasuke and tossed him onto his back, his hands gripping Sasuke's thighs to hold him in place. "I hate you both," he growled and Sakura chuckled as she shouldered Naruto's small pack with her own. "Don't worry, Sasuke, it's only for a half hour then you can carry Sakura." Naruto said. Sasuke pouted but didn't argue because Naruto had a point. 

During the switch Krul, asked a question that none of them thought she'd ever ask, especially Sasuke, "Sasuke-chan, I heard in the village that you've got a fiancee from an arranged marriage, that true?" as Sasuke shouldered Sakura, he blushed, but didn't answer. Not that he had to, his expression said it all. "Who is she?" Sakura asked while handing Naruto his bag back along with Sasuke's sword. 

"She's from the Hyuga clan and that's all I'm going to say on the matter." he said and the others (Except Krul) understood and didn't ask for more. Racing the rest of the way, they got there quicker because Krul had gotten tired of being on the water and grabbed Naruto and raced with Sasuke beside her to get to shore. The three genin stopping for a breather and a drink to replenish their Chakra, when they felt good enough to keep going, they were off.

***

Kurenai hated herself. Hated that her team might die because she isn't strong enough to get free of the water prison, Zabuza Momochi has her trapped in. Shino stood protecting Mr. Tazuna while Kiba, Akamaru and Hinata fought against Zabuza's clone. But they were struggling so much, Kurenai struggled more to get free as the clone punched Kiba and beast Akamaru into Shino and Mr. Tazuna.

The four of them collapsed and groaned, Kiba struggled to get up but he hurt in places that he didn't know could hurt so much, Shino was trapped under Akamaru and couldn't get up while Mr. Tazuna was stuck under all of them. Hinata stood in front of her downed team in a weak and scared fighting stance, but she was brave enough to stand up against the clone. "You stupid, weak little girl." Clone/Zabuza said.

"Do you really want to protect your team that much your willing to die for them," he added then with his free hand he snapped out and gripped her by the throat, her hands went to his wrist, she pulled on it trying to get free. "You are a fool, you three don't know the true meaning of being ninjas," Clone/Zabuba snarled. "So I'm just going to kill you so you don't have to worry about learning." he finished and then started to squeeze her neck. 

"NO!!" Team 8 roared while trying to get up and move, Kurenai stuck with the original was forced to watch as her team was going to be killed. Suddenly the water around her broke and she had to quickly put Chakra into her feet to keep from falling through the water, Looking up to her team of Genin, her eyes widened, the water clone was nothing but a puddle, while Hinata stared up at a boy Kurenai couldn't recognize. 

Two other people were helping Kiba and Shino, they two were unrecognizable to Kurenai. "Y-you..." she heard off to her left, looking while grabbing a knife from her weapons pouch turned to see a short pink haired girl. "Yes, me." she said grinning exposing sharp canines, before grabbing Zabuza and throwing him back towards the shore, he rolled several times before he crashed into a tree.