Albus Severus Potter

It was no surprise that Albus Severus Potter liked to roam the corridors. He liked exploring the castle and after his brother had nicked the Marauders Map from their dads’ desk, Albus had been wandering all about the castle. On one of his journeys, his path led him to a long stretch of corridor with no paintings, except that of a beach landscape. Lounging in full wizards robes, on the beach, rubbing sunscreen on his nose, was Albus Dumbledore. The boy was so excited that he immediately ran over to the painting and stood awkwardly, trying to get the occupants’ attention. Finally, after clearing his throat, Dumbledore turned.

“Why hello, may I help you with something?”

The boy just smiled, “You’re Dumbledore, right?”

The older man matched the boys’ smile, “Indeed I am.”

Albus Severus was thrilled, “I’m named after you, and another Hogwarts professor.”

Dumbledore beamed, “Ah, so you are Harrys’ son? Albus? Who is the other headmaster?” Though he already knew the answer.

“Severus Snape. I’ve been hoping to meet him too, but I don’t know where to find him.”

The boy said sadly. With a wink, Dumbledore walked from the painting, leaving the boy very confused. However, a few minutes later he returned, leading a very reluctant man with sallow skin and dark hair.

“Why should I want to meet Potters’ son, I’ve met the other one. He’s just like his father! Why should this one be any different?”The hook nosed man turned, and was slightly embaressed that the boy of his rant was standing right by the portrait. “Fine then. What’s you’re name boy? I don’t suppose you have any talents in school classes, probably just on the Quidditch field.”

The young boy thought deeply before answering, “My name is Albus Severus Potter. I’m not very good at Quidditch, but I love Charms and Potions class. I’m sorry if my brother has been a prat, he’s always like that.” The boy looked up at the man in the portrait, his green almond shaped eyes peering at Snape. Severus was speechless and instead of having a snide remark for the boy, simply asked him how he was liking Potions class and the castle. Many times after this initial meeting, Severus Snape could be seen roaming around the castle through the paintings more frequently, oddly enough these appearances were near the classes that the second Potter boy attended.

Albus Severus Potter was the only one of Harry's kids who had Lily's eyes.