fifteen

The clouds brushed through the deep blue in a fast pace seeming serene. Wind blew around us and made a slight whistling sound as it ran around the leaves spiralling them onto the ground. My hair moved in the direction of the wind tickling my nose.

"That one." I said, pointing to a cloud that caught my attention. "That one looks like North Carolina."

A deep throaty chuckle sounded its way from my right. "Have you ever seen North Carolina?"

"Of course! I researched it after hearing about it in an Outkast song." I argued.

"Funny. But I was talking about actually being there." Daniel looked over to me and I shook my head. "Being at the top of a mountain and seeing miles and miles of nature is the most peaceful thing you can do. It looks like a live Bob Ross painting." He grinned at me letting his eyes sparkle from the sunlight. Looking at him made me feel mesmerized with his eyes. I stared at them in awe finding myself caught up in the moment feeling surreal.

"Hey Angel." Someone's breath tingles on the back of my ear and I jumped. Turning over I looked into the blue eyes that haunted my thoughts stared back at me. My mouth flopped open like a fish.

"A-Aspen what are you doing here?" I stuttered and despite me being angry at him like I should be my face burned with a blush.

"Whatever you want me to." He said then a wolflike grin spread out on his face. I shuddered and turned to gauge Daniel's reaction only to find he had disappeared as if he wasn't here in the first place.

What? I scanned the area to be left even more confused when all I saw were the butter cup flower fields without another person in sight. Oh.

I stood up, lifting my arms in the air to stretch and shivering from the breezed wind hitting my bare legs and arms.

"Daniel?" I shouted. "Daniel where did you go?"

In the midst of my confusion I brushed off the thoughts of who was behind me until I felt large fingers encircle themselves around my waist and grip it roughly.

"What happened to Daniel?" I questioned, tilting my head.

The hands he had on me flipped my body around so that we were flushed together. "You didn't want him here."

My throat seemed to tighten as I choked on my own spit. I coughed and my throat felt raw in the midst of me waking up. Once I finished coughing I chugged on the water bottle sitting on my nightstand.

My lungs felt like someone hotboxed inside them and frankly I wasn't having fun.

I sighed thinking about my dream. Another dream about Aspen. Trying to forget him I found to be a challenge. The more I tried forgetting about him the more I realized just how much I cared for him.

Ever since I saw him with Serena I thought it'd be a good idea to back off and give him space but instead it backfired. In the past two weeks my life has sucked and all because of the events that took place in the same hour.

For two weeks I haven't left the house for anything but Rena's annoying ass only because she needed an excuse to spend time with Drake as a group hang out.

Other then that, I'm now out of almost every living necessity you could think of. The only food thats left in the fridge is one orange which is definitely past an expiration date, most sauces I had are even gone, and a few drops left of an off-brand orange soda. I love my orange soda.

Sighing, I decided to get out of bed and get my life back together. Determination fueled me as I lifted myself off the bed and planted my cold feet on the floor of my bedroom. The second I fully got myself up all the determination left and all i wanted was to get back in bed.

The frown on my face got bigger as I noticed Aspen wasn't home again.

Snap out of it! I reminded myself.

Aspen has been gone most of the time for the past few weeks minus the few times he's even knocked on my door but I pretended not to be home. Sometimes he came back late at night with a bunch of other friends who looked equally as intimidating as he originally was. I was worried but knew it wasn't my business to interfere.

I picked up my jean shorts from the bottom of my clean clothes pile which sat on my chair and tossed them on. After that, I grabbed a random Vans t-shirt and threw it over my head.

Looking in the mirror wasn't a pleasant sight so I decided to comb my hair, throw on a beanie, fix my eyebrows, and slide on some flip flops before I was somewhat pleased with my appearance.

The front door slammed as I walked out, the keys in my hand jingling.

My car felt foreign as I haven't driven it in weeks now. I revved up the engine then drove out into the road.

Sun rays reflected off my window nearly blinding me into a wreck so I scowled. Stupid sun.

After much contemplation, I decided to shop for hygiene. God knows I need it.

With that thought, I turned into the parallel parking space so that I could walk through main street. I pulled the keys out and stuck them in my pocket then hopped out of my car without enthusiasm.

This day should be over by now.

The bright neon sign flashed Stacey's in my eyes and I couldn't ignore the way the end of the sign flickered. Stacey's has always had homemade bath products as well as undergarments that always were nice.

Walking inside the store itself was an experience to all my senses. Assortments of delightful scents hit me all at once and I couldn't help but deeply inhale it.

Walking towards my favorite area, I grabbed my usual vanilla and also decided to treat myself with a new set of lingerie so I could feel myself.

The second I left the place, bag in hand my perky mood went back to zero and I suddenly felt the need to book a therapist for the rest of the day.

Frowning seemed common for me lately and right now is no exception.

I slouched down and had my head bowed down so low that I couldn't see anything in front of me. Turning out the door and without sight at that was a bad idea.

Why? You might ask. It was a bad idea because of the fact that walls enjoy walking in front of me.

There's this one particular wall that is incredibly built, has gorgeous eyes, inky dark hair, oh and also could potentially be the man who has been a partial cause of my terrible few weeks.

Seeing into his eyes again made my body feel all sorts of things. All at once I felt angry, flustered, sad, and maybe a little attracted.

Like always when I walk into sexy walls, he caught me from falling but not in time before my bag went flying, sending my new dark red lingerie set all over the ground. Face palm.

Before I could worry about that, my attention was brought to his hands caressing through my hair and one firmly placed on my hip making me tingle where he touched.

His stare on me intensified as if he came to a realization that I was the one in his arms and I was actually real.

"Delilah? Where have you been?"

A/N

I'm dearly sorry about this chapter not being too juicy but it was needed for the plot ssbsmksksk

Also I'm almost done with this semester and I'll be able to write so much more when I'm done w school but until then here's something for you children. And thank you all so much for 8,000 reads!! You're the best!

I'm done but my homework isn't.

Have a great night/day!