Introduction

Disclaimer: I do not own The 100; I only own my character, Aggie. All rights go to Kass Morgan and the CW.
That being said, things won't follow exactly how the show does. This story is OC-centred, so I will change dialogue or scenarios to fit my character/story and make it something different. If you're familiar with the content of the show, skip this chapter :)

197 years ago, a nuclear apocalypse irradiated the Earth, resulting in the near-annihilation of humanity. Roughly 400 people could escape the war, having already been living on 12 space stations that orbited their planet. After destroying the 13th Station, Polaris, the 12 stations joined, creating the Ark. The Ark contained survivors from 12 nations, and they became one.

Faced with the reality of limited supplies and resources and knowing the Earth wouldn't be survivable for hundreds of years, the Ark's leaders instilled strict laws. The council was formed, and a Chancellor was elected to help create and enforce the laws for the survival of the human race.

They created a law to ensure population control and save resources, allowing only one child per family. All crimes committed on the Ark are punishable by immediate execution, 'floating'. The criminal is sucked out into space, killing them. There's only one way to not get executed immediately, and that's by being a minor.

Crimes committed by people under the age of 18 are to be locked up in the Ark's Prison Station, the 'Skybox'. Here, the lawbreakers await their 18th birthday, where they will meet with the council for a trial, and they will decide their fate. No one makes it out of a trial alive.