H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:17:

Start from the beginning

"Really? I'm so special."

"Yes you are." She nodded. "But now my toes match my ankle."

"Aw," I kissed the side of her head. "It's ok. It could be worse."

"I guess so," She shrugged. "But we don't know how bad it is yet."

"Stay positive baby." I whispered.

"What am I going to do? They are probably going to postpone the tour, because I broke my ankle. All those people looking forward to shows."

"I've been there, but you need to get better first."

"I can't believe I landed on it wrong. I don't know how that happened."

"Remember what happened to Jamaica? She was just standing there and then boom. Your body is probably exhausted, this could be a good thing."

"It's definitely not a good thing."

"It's really going to be ok." I squeezed her hand, resting my lips in her hair. "I love you."

"I love you too."

____________________________________________________________________________________

11:52 PM

"Told you, Trooper boot." I pointed as Lauren looked down at her ankle then back up at me and her mom.

"I can't believe this."

"It's only 8 weeks." Ms. Renee told her.

"Only? That's two months. I can't perform for two months."

"We can set up some acoustic sets for you, but you are not dancing on that foot for eight weeks." Angie said.

"I don't want to let people down. People have dug under couch cushions and checked pants pockets for extra change to go to these concerts and now they have to wait longer because I broke my damn ankle."

"Laur, it's not like the concerts are canceled, they aren't. We are just waiting until you are 100% better to perform again. You want to give them your best right?"

"Yes." She nodded, keeping her eyes locked with Angie.

"Then we have to wait eight weeks. No questions asked. It's not happening until you are better."

"Ok."

"Now let's get you back on the bus so you can get some sleep."

Laur sighed and I reached over for her crutches, putting them in the right spot so when she stood up she could instantly take hold of them.

She looked up, giving me a weak smile and I smiled back, kissing her forehead.

"These things always hurt." She mused, standing up.

"You can wrap them up with something. It'll help." I said.

"I probably will. So I guess I'm going home?"

"For now. A few days. At least we aren't far and we can just take the bus instead of having you crutch it through an airport."

"I guess." She sighed and I stayed at her side as we left the room.

I could tell that she was really bummed, and there wasn't really much I could do except make her laugh, and that only worked for a few seconds.

"Now that I saw you boot, I have that song stuck in my head." I whispered in her ear.

"What song?" She asked as I held open the back door.