H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:17:

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You so would."

I kissed her cheek again, trying to keep the smile on her face, but I knew it would be impossible because of the amount of pain she was in.

"Let's get her out of here. We need to get her to a doctor tonight. Someone can get her clothes from the room and she can just change in the hospital or on the bus." Angie said.

"I can get her clothes." Lexi said.

''How close is the nearest hospital?" Ms. Renee asked.

"20 minutes. I think she'll be ok." Angie chimed again.

"I'll be fine." Lauren said with a sniffle, still crying softly beside me. "Let's just get me there."

I knew it hurt. It hurt like hell.

"Alright. I'll go get the car."

I turned my head, hearing Marc's voice.

"Ok." Ms. Renee said.

"Want me to carry you again?" I asked Lauren, wiping her cheek.

"Please." She nodded and I took the ice off her ankle, scooping her up again as she put her arms around my neck. "Thank you."

"Of course." I nodded, kissing her head. "Watch your foot now."

She nodded again, probably because she was still crying and I turned in the doorway so I wouldn't hurt her foot. Ms. Renee walked beside me, followed by Angie and Lexi behind.

"I'll get the doors." Angie said as we approached the exit and Ms. Renee got the other, holding it open as I walked with Lauren to the car.

"It'll be alright." I told her, feeling her head rest on my shoulder.

"I know." She nodded.

"Do you want to try and get in the car yourself? I don't want to hurt you."

"Sure."

I set her down gently, watching as she wiped her eyes and opened the door for her.

I took her hand, helping her up in the car for balance.

"Are you coming with me?" She asked with a pleading look on her face.

It almost reminded me of a helpless child, and it kind of made my heart lung out.

What would Scooter say? Showing up at a hospital with my girlfriend. So many things could come out of that...

But I don't care. She's crying, her ankle really hurts, and I should be there with my girlfriend. It'd be horrible of me not to be.

I nodded, holding onto the front of my pants as I got in the car.

"You can sit next to me." She said, seeing me sitting in the seat in front of her.

"You should keep your foot elevated."

"I can on your lap."

"Ok." I nodded and moved her legs as I sat down, placing them on my lap. "Here, Ice."

"Thank you." She sniffed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"You're welcome." I kissed the side of her head, taking her hand in my free one. "Your toes look pretty."

"Thanks." She laughed, well barely.

"I really like the purple flowers."

"I was thinking about you when I got them." She told me, smiling as she wiggled her good toes.