H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:17:

Start from the beginning

"Let's just get her away from the stage first." Ms. Renee said.

"Ow," She muttered to me. "I can't believe I did that. It's so embarrassing."

"It's alright, you played it out nicely. I bet you no one noticed." I told her.

"You guys did." She said, burying her face back into my neck.

"We see you practially every day." Ms. Renee told her.

"Oh no, look at it." Lauren said, lifting up her head a little. "What about the shows? I can't dance on a broken leg."

"Don't worry about it now, we'll figure it out when we look at it and see the doctor."

"Can I have ice?" She asked.

"Yup, hey Lex, can you run back and get Laur some ice for her ankle?" Angie said in Lexi's direction.

"Of course." Lexi nodded, running away quickly.

"I'm going to put you down now ok?" I asked her as Angie held open the door to Lauren's dressing room.

"Ok." She nodded, and I sat her down on the couch.

Ms. Renee bent down on her knees, reaching over to take off Lauren's shoe.

"No, don't touch it!" Lauren said again, shaking her head quickly.

I frowned, watching as Lauren cried and pushed herself up, then bumped her foot on the arm of the couch.

She yelped, crying harder and reached for her ankle. I caught her hand, bringing it down to hold in mine.

"You have to stay still. Let your mom take off your shoe so they can look at it." I said softly, trying to calm her down.

"But it'll hurt." She whimpered, tearsr falling off her lashes.

"I'll be gentle." Ms. Renee said and I slipped my fingers through Lauren's, wiping her cheeks with my thumb.

"It's ok." I whispered, sticking out my lips and kissed her cheek.

She bit her lip as her mom took off her shoe and I squeezed her hand.

"Here is the ice." Lexi said walking over quickly and handed it to me.

"Yeah, I think you broke it sweetheart." Ms. Renee said.

"No." Laur shook her head, crying a little harder beside me. "I have concerts to do, maybe I just sprained it really bad. I'll be fine"

"We should get you to a hospital. It's not sprained. I'm sorry."

"What am I going to do? All those people..." She trailed off, looking at her mom and then shut her eyes.

"They'll figure it out." I told her. "Do you want the ice now?"

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Do you want to hold it or do you want me to?"

"You can. Be gentle."

"I will be." I said and held the ice carefully to her ankle. "It's going to hurt."

"It does." She nodded, grimacing a little after the ice touched her skin. "Not you, just the ice touching it."

"I know. I've broken mine twice. I had to wear a Trooper boot. A big bulky Trooper boot. Sometimes I would lift up my fingers and pretend to shoot Scooter." I smiled at her, hoping to cheer her up a bit and she laughed through her tears.