Our meeting took three long hours. Denver sat down and talked about the upcoming film that we're going to make with the director, script writer, and the producer. Nang kami nalang dalawa ay hindi man lang siya nagtanong tungkol doon sa isyu ng concert ni Philodemus sa Thailand. It's either he doesn't give a damn about it or he knows exactly what happened.

Siya na din ang naghatid sa akin pauwi. I watched the interview of the Memento Mori on the way home. The press conference is awful. Sensitive questions were thrown to them and Philodemus answered it skillfully, his tone always full of conviction and finality.

Tired to death, I opened the door of my condo unit and jumped in surprise when the shadow from the dark appeared out of nowhere.

"Stormie..."

Napapikit ako at sinapo ang dibdib, gulat na gulat. It's Philodemus. Ever since I gave him the spare key of my unit, he didn't stop surprising me by appearing out of the blue inside my place.

"Sana sinabi mo man lang na pupunta ka pala..." ani ko habang binubuksan ang ilaw.

"Why? Were you expecting someone else?" bahagyang umigting ang panga niya sa galit at iritasyon.

Nginisihan ko siya. I am amused when he's mad and I could see the stinging jealousy from his ruthless eyes. "No. But you never failed to give me a heart attack every time you appear out of nowhere."

"Uh-huh?" he said, eyeing me like a hawk, still not convinced.

"Would you like something? Coffee?" I asked instead and went straight to my small kitchen. Kung ikukumpara ang condo ko sa kaniya, masyado itong maliit. But I still like it, because it's mine and I'm not just renting. It's one of the properties I bought when I entered the world of showbiz and the feeling of security that it exudes, despite receiving numerous death threats from anonymous senders comforts me a lot.

"Have you had your dinner?"

"I ordered for us."

"Hmm. Okay." I glanced at the clock hanging above my kitchen cupboard. Mag-aalas dyez na ng gabi. Anong oras na naman 'to uuwi?

I felt him wrapping his hands on my stomach and resting his chin on the soft skin of my exposed shoulders. Hinayaan ko siya habang nagtitimpla ako ng kape.

"What time do you usually sleep? Ang tagal ng meeting mo kay Denver, ah?"

I rolled my eyes playfully. He's back at it again. "I usually sleep around 12 in the morning."

He made a low growl of disapproval, and even as I poured the hot water from the kettle to the large mugs, he never let go of me.

"And your breakfast?"

"I order from the French cafe downstairs or just I'll just grab something on my way to the set."

"You don't cook for yourself?"

"Well, I'm a busy professional. But there's microwave oven, pressure cooker, and toaster to speed up the cooking time." Tuluyan ko nang inilapag ang mug sa lamesa at kumalas na siya sa akin. "Why are you grilling me of my everyday routine, Mister? Hmm?" bahagya ko siyang tinaasan ng kilay.

He sighed and raked his hands through his already messy hair. Pulling a chair for me, he let me sit first before answering my question.

"Sometimes, I hate how independent my baby is..." he crouched and pressed a kiss on my cheeks. Then whispered sensually on my ears. "I want you to need me."

"Oh, I do need you..." my eyes twinkled mischievously. Philodemus chuckled darkly.

"Stop seducing me or we'll not be able to eat tonight." Banta niya sa akin.