"I bet you two are like." Mel starts, holding his glass in his hands again before he makes his voice sound high pitched. "Wes, I'm about to come. And Wes goes like."

My eyes widen but before I can say anything, Mel's voice goes deeper.

"Nah, I'm not gonna let you come. And he pulls out on purpose."

He grins to himself as Wes and I stare at him for a really long time. I think over the words he said and practically want to slap him whereas the boy beside me suddenly releases a laugh, clearly trying not to let it out fully as he closes his mouth instantly.

"Why the hell are you laughing?!" I look at him and wonder out loud. He then goes on full laughing mode and tips his body down on the couch.

"What's up, people?" Carter's voice booms through the apartment as the front door is shut loudly. I flinch at the sound and turn around to greet him. He stops mid walking and raises an eyebrow at me. I know what he's going to ask so I deside to save him the trouble.

"Carter, do you have an extra pair of earphones? I lost mine." I smile. That's beilevable, right?

Carter seems to think so, as his face turns back to normal and he nods, instantly sauntering off to his room. Seconds later he returns with a pair of white earphones.

"Anything for you, sugar." He winks and walks into the kitchen, opening the fridge.

"Thank you." I stand up and see Wes calm down from his laughing fit as his eyes find mine. "I can go now."

"I'd offer you a drink, but you are going to Peeta's birthday, right?" Carter steps in front of me, both of his hands busy. One is holding a beer bottle and the other one is carrying his famous sunglasses.

"Yeah. I am." I say and offer a cheeky smile. He nods and I walk around him to place my hand on the door knob.

"Bye, guys." I wave at them before exiting their apartment. I kind of don't want to go to this party but I must admit, I'm interested in how it will look like. So far I've only experienced loud clubs and the full house.

I walk into my apartment and instantly freeze. The place looks like Regina George's freaking room. The girls are settled all over the floor while the tables and chairs are covered in champagne glasses, dresses and makeup products. Just as I walk past the doorstep, Luke pushes past me as his eyes hold a horrified look.

"Good luck." He says to me and I scrunch my face as I hear the sentence for the second time today.

"Kat, get over here! We need to work on you fast." Jessica ushers me to the chair in front of her and I nod slowly, still unsure of what's happening. Ellie is curling my cousin's hair and Sarah is trying out a number of earrings.

I make my way to the chair and sit myself on it. I'm scared of the overly excited look Jess is giving me as she dabs on my cheeks.

"So, natural or sexy?" She asks, already grabbing a brush and a makeup palette.

"I don't know." I shrug weirdly.

"I'll just do my magic, then." She smiles and raises the brush to my eyes.

"What's going on?" I manage in a whisper.