13: 𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜.

Start from the beginning

She couldn't take it anymore. She just wanted nothing more to be left alone. Because it seemed lime she was the only person who cared about today.

It's like everyone wanted her to forget, but she couldn't. She wouldn't. It wasn't who she was.

This time, Isaiah had enough and went after her. He couldn't do this whole running around in circles.

If he did something, she should just cut it with the attitude and tell him. So that he didn't feel like he was wasting his time.

Isaiah caught up with her before turning down the corridor on the west wing.

"Reese." He called out as he grabbed her by the arm, pushing her against the wall behind her.

He hovered over her so that this time she wouldn't get the chance to run away again. Every conversation ended in Reese leaving, which then left him confused.

"Look, I don't know what you want me to do here. I'm trying Reese." Isaiah barked out, running a hand through his dark hair in frustration.

It was the first time Isaiah had ever raised his voice at Reese. This made Reese's blood boil.

This whole thing was a recipe for disaster. They were both stubborn, conflicted, and getting nowhere, but that didn't stop them.

Who does he think he is?

Is he trying to intimidate me ? Well, it's not working.

Reese thought. In Reese's family, the men had always dominated the women. That made her sick to her stomach, and the fact that Isaiah spoke to her that way made her furious.

And all she ended up seeing was red.

"I don't want you to say anything. Don't think know everything because in the end you know nothing at all." She said through her clenched teeth, and hot tears formed in her eyes.

Reese tried to moved but Isaiah blocked her way, stopping her from moving any further. He was really trying but he too saw red.

"Well, maybe it's because you won't even tell a single thing." Isaiah sheered growing even angrier.

He wondered how she expected him to understand when she gave him nothing to go on.

At this point, the pair were just mad at each other, and nothing was going to be resolved, but that didn't stop them from continuing to argue.

"Well, you didn't tell why you hate him either." Reese said, remembering her mistake.

There was no taking back the words she had uttered. She hated herself for admitting that was bothered.

She knew Isaiah would now bother her about it. She mentally slapped her forehead.

It wasn't about Colin this time it was about her. Just her.

"I just knew you were bothered. Is this why you're so mad because I didn't tell?" Isaiah yelled before taking a step back and giving her some room to breathe.

"I couldn't care less about it. It's the fact that you're being a hypocrite. Whatever, I don't have time for this." Reese said, pushing past Isaiah just as the bell rang.

"Don't walk away from me, Reese!" Isaiah yelled as Reese sped down the hall rounding the corner.

Reese walked away completely and utterly, confused about what had just happened. She was angry and hurt.

Fighting with Isaiah was the last thing to do. Especially remembering the day it was.

She was disappointed in herself for letting things get that far. She knew that sometimes her temper got the best of her.

But Isaiah was in the wrong as well. He just kept pushing and pushing when she told him she didn't have time for it.

Only one thought ran through her head.

I hope I just didn't royally screw everything up.

She needed this plan to work, and she just hoped Isaiah wouldn't mention a thing to Colin.

Instead of going to class, Reese exited the school building, sitting on the steps, trying to get fresh air.

She tried to keep her head above water because she knew she was drowning in her thoughts.

Just then, her phone rang. Reese fished her phone out of her pocket.

A private number flashed across the screen. Reese took in a deep breathe trying to calm herself before answering the call.

"Hello?" Reese called out.

"Reese?" She heard a familiar voice on the other end before bursting into tears.

It was something about his voice that was somewhat comforting even after all this time.

She really needed this.

In fact, she really needed him right now.

"How are you doing?" He asked sincerely. Reese let out a deep breath. She was exhausted. But it was the first time today that someone had asked that really mattered.

"I'm fine." Reese lied after debating whether or not to tell him the truth. Because as much as she wanted to desperately tell him, she was on the verge of losing it. To was not about her. Today was never about her. And she wanted to scream because it felt like everyone had just forgotten.

"No, you're not. Whatever you are feeling, just feel it, Reese. I know today is hard, which is why you have to get through it without avoiding how you are feeling. I know I told you to be strong, and if there was a day to take a break, today is most certainly the day. Take a break and move forward. We can't go. We can only move forward. Be safe." Reese heard him say on the other end before line dead.

He was right about many things. The first, being that today was a really tough day.

He is right, Reese.

Always forward and never backward

Reese's repeated in her head until she finally started believing it.

Reese stood up from her spot, and instead of walking back into the building, she decided it would be better walking away. Because taking a break was the only way she knew how to move forward.

****