•chapter 34•

"I am female, I will be your salvation; I do not bow to anyone

"I am female, I will be your salvation; I do not bow to anyone."

Helion Spell Cleaver

~

Being invited to do dinner with Helion to discuss our deal made me nervous; he was a High Lord, and it would just be the two of us. I wished Kaleb was here with me, to guide me with his sarcastic comments and his quick thinking.

At the thought of my mate a pang went through my heart, especially as I stood and looked at myself in a large mirror hung in the room I was residing in. 

I was wearing a dark crimson dress made of thick silk. It puffed out slightly on my legs, rather than hugging them the skirting stuck out ever so slightly, a long slit going up the one side, revealing one of my tanned leg's that had golden snake jewellery wrapping around my calf, all the way up to my thigh. The skirting met up with a thin, crimson belt around my waist. The top was tight, a deep v-cut in the neckline revealing my cleavage ever so slightly. The long sleeves were tight against my arms with golden bangled bracelets hanging loosely at both of my wrists.

I'd picked this dress myself, it wasn't as scandalous as Mor, yet it was beautiful without being too revealing. It was powerful, and it made me look like some sort of Goddess cast away to visit the world, with my light golden hair falling around me in loose curls, a gold band wrapped around my forehead. My eyelids were painted a smoky grey, with thick lines of kohl protruding around my eyes and giving them a catlike essence, especially with my deep red lips that were pursed as I examined myself.

There was a knock on my door as I began slipping my feet into the golden heels that were provided for me, making me taller than I was.

"Come in," I called, straightening my skirts as I turned towards the door as a female entered.

It was the female servant that had been assigned to take care of me, she wasn't like the twin wraiths at The Night Court, although she was a lesser Faerie. She had caramelised skin, like Helion, with an exquisite face, and eyes that were pure blue with no sclera or pupil to be seen, it was like looking into the afternoon sky.

She smiled, revealing sharp teeth, like a shark's, although there was nothing that made her threatening in her demeanour. "Are you ready?" Her voice was like honey, soft and kind.

I nodded, moving forward, coming face to face with the tall Faerie, who's petite body turned and began walking down a long hallway that had wide windows lining them, allowing the sunlight to stream inside.

I exited my room, readying myself for my dinner with The High Lord of Day.

~