Chapter 44 - Scare

Rae

I quietly slip out of Sebastian's grasp and out of bed as the need to pee threatened to further disturb me from my sleep. Groaning upon finding out that it was just half past 2 in the morning, I pad slowly to the ensuite and proceed to relieve myself.

As I was re-situating myself back within my fiancé's grasp, something glinted in the corner of my eye. It was the engagement ring he gave me a few hours ago, sitting in its purple velvet box on my nightstand. I smiled and felt myself tearing up once more that all my fears and insecurities have once again been assuaged by this man beside who I can now proudly call my fiancé. It still amazes me how much he knows me even if I don't say anything, even if we were thousands of miles apart from each other.

I feel his arms pull me flush to his chest and his fingers brushing my bump lightly. I sink myself further against his back and fall back to sleep almost immediately.

I wake up to feather like kisses from the bottom of my nape moving up to my cheeks and an involuntary soft moan escapes me. If there was somewhere I could sign up to wake up like this forever, it'd be my first destination for the day. I could feel Sebastian's lips turn up to a grin when I finally sighed contentedly and opened my eyes. Turning my head, our lips accidentally graze each other's and I take advantage of his momentary distraction and deepen the kiss despite my still half asleep state.

"Good morning," he says lazily as he hovers over me. "God I missed waking up to you."

My arms round themselves on his neck while my fingers settled on the back of his neck, toying with the ends of his hair. "As did I. This bed has always been too big for just one."

"Couldn't agree more, sweetheart. How are you feeling this morning?" Sebastian grunts as he pushes himself slightly upwards and then pulls me up with him so we were sitting face to face Indian style. My hand automatically lands on my bump and I let out a huge breath.

I pause for a moment to try and listen to my body. Apart from the grumbling of my stomach probably from hunger, I felt fine; no nausea or anything. I kept expecting a light spell of dizziness to come upon me but there was nothing. It was the first time I woke up feeling relaxed and well rested in weeks.

"Huh, funny you ask," I say somewhat incredulously. "I feel...fine."

Sebastian squints at me. "Are you sure?"

I nod enthusiastically and put my right hand over my chest. "I promise. This is probably the first time in weeks I've actually woken up not feeling the need to barf out last night's dinner or at least feel like the world is spinning."

Silence.

"Sebastian," I say sternly. "I am not lying to you. I feel good, great even. I mean," I swing my legs slowly off the bed. "I'm a tad bit slower doing things, but I swear to you I feel alright. The last thing I want is for you to worry about me when there are other things we could do." I waggle an eyebrow at him and he growls as he gets the idea.

I scoffed before he pulled me down back to bed to proceed to get his way with me.

The holidays rolled around too fast for my liking. After spending Christmas together in LA, we flew to New York a couple of days after to spend it with Sebastian's family. Everyone was in awe of my growing belly and Georgeta even cried when she first saw me when we got there. We were both blubbering messes when we finally got to see the rest of the family.

Everyone kept asking if we have picked out names already and all Sebastian and I could give them was a shrug and laughter. I haven't really thought about names myself, being so busy with work and spending time with Sebastian until he had to go again to finish filming that Netflix movie and promo for We Have Always Lived in the Castle.