Part Seven: Family

Start from the beginning

Her eye colour change, had lasted a lot longer than the previous times.

I snapped out of it and greeted her back. "Geia, Camz," I greeted her and the smile that found it's way on her lips when I used her mother tongue; I decided to make a mental note of that. "How have you been? I haven't really seen you around." I wanted to tell her that I missed her, but I didn't want to overstep anything.

"I'm sorry about that. I've just been really busy, but I've cleared my schedule up for a few days," Camila told me and my mind immediately flashed to our plans of a date. "But it's safe to say I have missed you. Terribly. Texting isn't as remotely close to this." She gestured at me.

I guess, there were no lines to overstep.

Maggie sighed heavily, but there was a huge grin on her face, and I knew what she was going to say. "Should I grab the keys to a room for the both of you? You know what? Since my room is one of the best in the hotel, I'm willing to loan it to you guys."

Camila blushed and shoved her sister playfully. "I hate you, oh my god. Please don't listen to anything she has to say."

I laughed it off but my brain was ticking with the possibility of an 'us' with Camila. I know now that Aphrodite was up to something between us, and I really wanted to see where things would go.

"Can I get either of you anything to drink?" I asked them assuming that's why they were at the bar in the first place.

"No thanks we're good."

"I'll have a tropical Mai Thai cocktail, double the alcohol."

They said at the same time, Camila rolled her eyes at her sister but she didn't say anything.

"Coming right up." As I went to whip up her drink, they continued their conversation.

"I'm just saying Eliana," Maggie started off again, pleading her case to Camila. "...mom doesn't mind if she stays here. You should tell her that." I tried to figure out who this 'she' was but they didn't say and I didn't want to pry. "Pleaseeee. I want to be able to bug her whenever I can."

I know Camila had mentioned her mother was coming to spend some time in America, Maggie mentioned it to me as well, but I wasn't sure if it was her they were talking about.

I slid the drink to Maggie and she sipped on it instantly. I could only assume that she was either a raging alcoholic, or she just fancied the taste of alcohol.

"I know she doesn't mind," Camila told her sister even though I was standing right there, "But mom doesn't want to come and I'm not going to force her. She does want to spend some time with you, so there's that." She patted her sister's hand.

So I was correct. Her mother was coming but she didn't want to stay at the hotel. I knew that Camila's parents never married. They had met when her dad; Sebastian had spent a summer in Greece. At the time, her mother; Anitta was just a mere street artist.

They had met and they fell in love. The way Camila told me the story, it made me believe in true love again. Though I didn't necessarily stop believing in it, it brought me joy to know that it does happen. However, the sad thing about this was that Sebastian's parents didn't approve of Anitta. He was a wealthy entrepreneur, and he had fallen for some woman off the streets as they had called her.