☾ Chapter Four

Comincia dall'inizio

I had a feeling not too many outsiders make their way into this pack.

Putting my head down, I walked faster to catch up to Octavia when we finally reached the pack house. The building was made of stone with two huge wooden doors that reminded me of something you'd find on an old temple.

The building itself was enormous, the centerpiece of the entire compound. Octavia walked through one of the opened doors, checking over her shoulder to make sure I was still following her.

We stepped inside, my mouth instantly dropped. It was huge, four times the size of my pack house back home.

We walked past the vast open floor, sectioned into recreational activities, into one of the hallways. We walked past some closed doors until we finally reached another open space.

It was massive, Bavarian style seating everywhere, people in different phases of eating. Octavia tugged my hand a bit, guiding me to an empty table where we sat down. My eyes couldn't stop wandering around. There were so many people.

The room reminded me of something you would find in a castle, which is fitting because this place practically is a castle. The floors were a pretty dark wood floor; the walls were white, the attached kitchen was massive.

Some people cooked for themselves; others cooked huge meals to set at a table with twenty people at it.

I smiled to myself, at least they have a sense of community.

"So Rhea, would you tell me about yourself?" Octavia smiled at me.

I smiled, "I'm from the Moon Valley, firstborn of Alpha Hamund. I have two sisters and a brother."

That was sufficient, right? I was never good at the whole introduction thing. I never knew what people wanted to hear.

"Do you miss your family?" Octavia asked.

I nodded, "Yes, I do miss them. But they are not far, I guess."

"What are the-" Octavia's voice stopped mid-sentence, as she waved near the doorway. I turned around to see who she was waving to, only to find Alpha Jett was here, our eyes once again meeting.

There was a murmur of "alphas" as he passed, with slight bows, showing signs of respect.

He radiated authority, confidence, an arrogance in each one of his strides as he made his way to our table.

My wolf began to stir once again.

I should really go running, I thought to myself as the alpha neared.

I couldn't let my wolf take over and do something I would regret later if I didn't get some of her energy out.

I gave him a pleasant smile as he sat down, "Alpha Jett, thank you for coming" I cringed a bit at myself since he is the who told me to be here.

I wanted to be genuine with him, I didn't want to hate my mate. I didn't want it to be miserable for the rest of my life.

He gave me a quick nod, his eyes focusing on something not around us, his thoughts a thousand miles away.

I squirmed a bit, was I that easy to brush off?

I held my head up, trying again. "Do you have any plans for the day?"

Hint hint.

He shot me a glance, before looking away, saying nothing.

Octavia rolled her eyes, "What is the point of sitting here if you're not going to contribute anything to the conversation. At this rate, if you're not going to be useful, you can leave" she shooed him away with her hands.