☾ Chapter Twenty

Ten months.

That's how long we had to train and put together a plan until the next eclipse.

Jett was nervous about it, we fought for three days about me participating in the fight it wasn't easy to win him over but I was finally able to convince him this was the best way.

It's not like the thought of fighting didn't make me nervous, honestly I hoped to never seriously fight again, but I was willing to push that aside for my new pack.

Once Jett agreed, the real work began. I trained in combat every day on top of going through more intensive training with Millicent. I wanted to make sure my knowledge in healing would be just as useful as combat.

I sat down on the grass with a thud, panting and sweating. It was hot today, which made combat training even worse.

"Here, take this," Jett said, handing me a water bottle.

I snatched it out of his hands, drinking the water greedily. The cold water brought some life back into me as I finished the bottle.

"That's all the relaxation you get, come on," he said as he his foot tapped my foot, signaling me to get up.

"I can't moveeeee," I whined. I was exhausted, Jett had one condition for me being able to fight, he would now be my trainer.

He was a lot harder on me than Rooks. Jett didn't even pull punches when I was down, saying I had to get used to how real fighting is. Since Jett was showing me a new side to him I forgot sometimes that he is in fact an Alpha. His strength was on a whole other level compared to what I was used to. I went home with a lot more bruises than before.

Seeing Jett fight made me realize why the Onyx pack had a reputation as a vicious pack, because they were exactly that when they fought. It was an intimidating sight, something about Jett fighting made morale spike in the pack, people drank the energy up and in turn when they trained, they seemed even more dangerous, more ruthless.

He had ordered every wolf over the age of 18, with a few exceptions, to step up their training for the next ten months, I don't think he intended everyone to fight when it really came down to it, but he was on high alert now.

It was a terrifying sight, even though they were just training they never held back. Later in the days when I was with Millicent, we were always busy with members looking to find remedies for their injuries sustained during the practice.

"Rhea, come on," Jett pulled me up.

I let out a dramatic sigh, and tightened my ponytail, giving a small nod that I was ready.

"Alright, punch me."

"What? No, I don't want to punch you," I said, placing my hands on my hips, frowning a bit. He spent a lot of the time showing me how to evade punches, not actual fighting techniques.

"You agreed that I would be your trainer. I'm training you, let's go."

I mimicked him in a childish voice. This heat was seriously getting to me.

"Rhea, this is serious!" Jett said, clearly annoyed with my lack of obedience. He didn't take this as lightly as I did.

"Alright, alright," I huffed in response.

I stepped forward, launching my fist into his chest as hard as I could.

The impact sent shooting pain through my knuckles and wrist.

"Holy shit," I hissed. "Did you make me do that because I made you mad?" I cried in pain, gripping my hand.

A pain went through my left side. I immediately reached to grab my side, slightly bending over.