☾ Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

Back home, everything was quaint. We had a small pack house, houses on par with cottages, and open fields lined with thick, black spruce forests.

Here, it was a large compound. The pack house was the size of our entire village, lined with big sized houses, eventually dispersing into a few sporadic houses here and there.

On the side of the pack house, was a huge mansion. I tried to make out the details, but my eyelids were too heavy.

Alpha Jett opened the double doors as we made our way inside. I held my breath, my mouth dropping in awe.

It was beautiful; marble lined the floor, a dark wood trim lined the wall, framing light grey walls. Huge dark wood beams supported in the ceiling, on either side were large stairways going to the second floor.

The stairs were the same marble flooring, lined by slightly curved elegant black stair railings. I glanced at the ceiling, a giant chandelier shined, glistening in every direction.

Alpha Jett cleared his throat, snapping me back into reality. I tried to wipe the look of awe off my face slightly embarrassed. With a small nod, he led me up the stairs.

I followed loosely behind, still taking in the grandeur of everything. It was different; everything about our packs this far was different. We continued to walk down the hallway, doors lined the walls sporadically.

Alpha Jett stopped in front of one of the doors, slowly opening it. I followed him into the room, and once again, was in awe of the grandeur. The floor was a soft cream carpet. A bed with light pink and white blankets stood in the center of the giant room against the wall.

There were few things in the room, though it was gorgeous, it seemed empty, cold. I let out a sigh; I already missed my old room.

I kept looking around the room, finding another door on the other side of the room, assuming it led into an attached bathroom, I secretly hoped there was a big bathtub that I could relax in.

"I'll have someone bring in stuff for you tomorrow," the alpha said. I turned around to face him. I had slightly forgotten he was here.

My wolf stirred; she wanted to be close to him.

I'm not ready for that, I told myself, pushing her down. I didn't know anything about him, mate or not I was not about to jump on him.

I eyed him wearily and nodded my head.

My cheeks felt dry from crying earlier, my shoulder was throbbing, no doubt it was be bruised tomorrow, all I wanted was to call my mom and talk to her.

We stood in silence for what felt like forever, neither one of us seemed to want to move. After a few more seconds, the tension became palpable.

I decided to make the first move, "Thank you. I will be taking my leave for the night."

Alpha Jett said nothing more as he shut the door.

I stood there for a few more seconds, letting everything sink in. I was no longer home. I was in a new pack, a new place. I knew no one aside from one person, and so far, I was less than impressed.

I lazily strolled my way to the bathroom, smiling to myself when I saw the biggest tub I had ever seen. The bathroom was big, the bathtub pressed against a big window, a shower on the adjacent wall.

The sink and counters were next to a giant wall mirror.

I made my way to the bath, turning on the water so it was extra hot.

There were some oils in a basket nearby, deciding a fragrant bath was what I needed.

Rose.

Lavender.

Vanilla.

Jasmine.

Cinnamon.

Part of me had hoped that there was an oil that would help with the pain I would be feeling tomorrow, but I knew I would have to make a trip to the pack healer for that.

I had finally decided to put in a few drops of lavender in the water, hoping it would help me sleep when I finally went to bed, though I'm not sure I would need additional help, I was drained.

I shimmied out of my dress and underwear, taking off my watch, seating it on the counter. I made my way into the water, slowly sinking in. It was so warm, smelled so good, exactly what I needed. I sank beneath the water, letting myself relax, closing my eyes.

After a while, I opened my eyes back up, looking at my fingers. My fingers were shriveled like raisins, indicating it was probably time to get out. I made my way out, patting myself dry with a nearby towel.

Realizing I didn't have any clothes aside from the dress I had brought, I sighed hoping there was something in the closet.

I wrapped the towel around my body, making my way to the large walk-in closet across the room. I opened up and couldn't help but laugh. This closet was bigger than my entire room back home. I expected nothing less from the personal house of Alpha Jett.

My laugh stopped once I realized there was nothing in the closet. I sighed. I had a few options, sleep in the towel, sleep in my dress which I didn't love the idea of, or going to find Alpha Jett.

I pursed my lips in thought, I didn't want to wear my dress to bed so that was out, I didn't love the idea of sleeping in the towel, especially if people would be coming in the morning, but the thought of wandering around trying to find Alpha Jett scared me more.

I closed the closet doors, turned off the bedroom light and went to lay in bed.

I decided to take off the towel since I figured the covers would be enough.

I let myself sink into the bed. It was like a cloud. I kept sinking further and further, the crisp bedding against my warm skin felt refreshing. I let out a sigh.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad? I tried to look at the positive of things but soon sleep enveloped my mind.