Chapter fourteen

As Jeremy was in the shower, I ran up to my bedroom to find some suitable pajamas for him. God, why was I so much larger than him?

Because you spend hours doing sports and working out to try to maintain your physique and maintain your place in the "popular" group. Not to mention-

Don't say it I swear to god...

You're always trying to find new ways to impress a certain blue eyed twink.

Great, I'm talking to myself again. I shook my head, running my hands through my hair. What was I doing?

Right, right. Pajamas.

I quickly grabbed some flannel pants and one of my old Superman shirts and brought them downstairs. I was just about to knock on the door to tell him that I had the clothing when I heard him singing in a soft voice.

'I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around
And you knocked me off the ground from the start
You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home...'

I smiled a little. I guess I'd never heard him sing like that before, pure and unaccompanied by instruments, and now I'd fallen even harder for him.

'How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
The world is coming down on me
And I can't find a reason to be loved
I never wanna leave you
But I can't make you bleed if I'm alone'

I hummed softly along to the melody, praying to god that he couldn't hear me. I was being such a creep. Maybe I should step out-

'You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go'

His voice pulled me back as if by magic, wrapping me up and holding me still. I was entranced, unable to move.

'I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
You put your arms around me and I'm home...'

Suddenly, I heard the water turn off and the sharp clink of the metal shower rings sliding across the rod. Quickly, I knocked on the bathroom door, my head still ringing from his ethereal voice.

"Jeremy? I uh...I'm...well I...I've got pajamas for you!" I stuttered out. I scrunched my eyes closed, cursing myself internally for sounding like such a spaz.

"Thanks so much!" Jeremy's voice came from behind the door, opening it a crack and sticking his hand out for them. I handed them over, making sure not to see anything he wouldn't want me to.

I walked out into the kitchen and waited for Jeremy to come out.

After a few minutes, I heard the bathroom door open and Jeremy step out of the room. I took my chance and cleared my throat.

"Are you gonna be okay in there?" I asked gently. I really didn't want him to have another night terror all by himself. Hearing my voice, Jeremy walked out of the room and into the kitchen where I was standing. The sleeves on my shirt went past his hands, and the flannel pajama pants I'd lent him were rolled at both the waist and the bottom of the pant legs.

God, he looked cute.

"Actually I..." Jeremy fumbled with the too-long sleeves, instantly melting my heart. "I...I really don't wanna be...alone." He all but whispered, rocking back and forth on his heels. He was flushed pink, obviously embarrassed.

"It's cool, bro." I responded. "My bed's really big. I'll sleep on the floor, dope?"

"No! Not dope!" Jeremy exclaimed. "I'm not going to kick you out of your bed!" He continued, chewing his lip. "I'll sleep on the floor."

"Nope. Wrong. You're the guest. You get the bed." I countered firmly.

After several minutes of bickering and half asleep compromises, I found myself in my bed with Jeremy beside me. To say I was ecstatic would be a gross understatement. We lay there silently for a bit until Jeremy wordlessly pressed himself into my arms.

I wasted no time in pulling him closer into my chest. Even with my shampoo in his hair, he still smelled like the Jeremy I'd had a crush on for years.

That's so creepy.

Don't ruin this.

Jeremy cooed softly, a pure and unintelligible sound that caused my heart to swell. I held him as close as I could, feeling him rest his head on my sternum and snake his arms around my neck. His breathing became slow and even, and I stayed up until I was sure he was safely asleep in my arms. Happier than I'd ever been, I rested my head on his curls and dozed off myself, still keeping a protective hold on him.

You put your arms around me and I'm home.