Chapter 20

His sickening laugh echoed in the empty room more as a newfound anger flooded not only Bakugou, but Shinsou as well. Kaminari, who moments ago was shouting and who often laughed at the stupidest of events, was dead on the floor, his face unrecognizable after the carnage Bakugou had thrown upon it.

"What the fuck?! Why the fuck are you laughing?!" Bakugou was honestly beyond furious at the badly burnt male, who kicked the rotting corpse with almost an excited joy. No remorse. No guilt. The true reaction of a mentally insane, sending a chill through both boys.

"Oh, you don't know, do you?" The male's voice twisted in an unsettling manner, forcing an increase on the chills already pricking the blonde's back. However, little did he notice the turning facing expressions of Shinsou, who's face was a deep red as tears seemed to fall into nothing. Heartbroken.

And that was simply emphasized by the crack in his usually monotone voice as he spoke in response.

"Know what?" Bakugou glanced back at the tired eyed  male as he saw purple eyes scan the room out of fear. Of course, they had no clue how many replicas could come out and give them the same fate as their unfortunate friend. Maybe that was also why the two listened.

"Oh, it's so sad, though," Another sickening laugh that cackled out of the blunt male's throat, not sitting right with how calm he often seemed. "Whatever.. poor Kaminari was our snitch." 

That caused both males to freeze at the words. They knew what they meant however did not want to believe a word that dropped from Dabi's tongue. However something ringed true.

How come Kaminari never mentioned having a phone, despite the fact it would have still worked? Why did he go quiet so quickly after what happened to Sero, to Mina and even to Kirishima? 

But it still didn't add up. 

"Oh, you look confused.. neither of you get it, do you?" Dabi's smile had a broken joy as he clearly found comfort in crushing the heart and belief of both boys.

"Denki Kaminari told us every location, every situation, every piece of information... he was our eyes. HE told us where he lived, so we could send his father there. HE told us where your group was heading so we could send the mob of creatures into the shop. HE told us where the three of you were sleeping so Toga could kill your bubblegum friend" He paused in the broken dismay, relishing in the faces made. 

"Your 'friend' betrayed both of you for his own safety"

Those words stung deep, cutting into Bakugou's core as a flooding numbness began to drown him in his pain. He didn't want to believe anything but it all seemed too... simple. It was true that the villains knew everything they did. Everywhere they went. 

That was when a cry of pain echoed behind him.

* * * 

Shinsou couldn't work out the pain, the flood of anger and hatred that tried to mend a broken heart as the world seemed to turn red. 

He didn't fight, he couldn't move as the pain shrieked through his skull, causing tears to flood again as he fell to his knees, gripping clumps of hair between shaking fingers. 

He didn't care about what Dabi was saying. He was just angry. Angry at the world that allowed such horrendous humans to exist. Angry at how the laughs echoed in his head. Angry at how neither of them took the moment to attack either villain and end this mess. 

Then single words pierced in his mind. 

"Of course he did care-" 

"-No, he was a selfish bastard!" 

Which was true? He couldn't know. He wouldn't know. Who was he talking about? He didn't know anymore. That wasn't important. What was important was disposing of these villains before more people died. 

So he grabbed the closest thing to him, which happened to be a broken pipe, running and in his exhilaration, tried to slam it into Twice's head with all the fury that was flooding his once peaceful mind. It was met with a large thunk as the man shouted.

"Ow! That hurt-" 

"DO IT AGAIN"

Again, he slammed the pipe into the male's head, so certain he would bash the man's skull into a pulp, however soon his wrist was grabbed. 

"That's enough-"

"-MORE MORE" 

There was a slur to the male's tone as he stumbled, clearly suffering from at least the starting signs of blunt force trauma as a dent was becoming clear in his head. Yet, he didn't seem to care, slamming Shinsou's wrist into the wall that stood tall next to the two, a simply crack heard as Shinsou dropped the pipe. 

With that, Twice collapsed, a gasp escaping him as all pressure left Shinsou's wrist and the brutal horror set into his head... he had bashed the villain's head in with little remorse. 

And the other two had watched everything, one in terror and the other with pride.