Chapter 13

They awoke so suddenly to the bang and an unsettling laughter which almost seemed to kick the balcony doors open. Bakugou had barely been awake for a few minutes before noticing what was off... Ashido was gone.

He could have swore that she was sat by the door when he fell asleep finally. But now the door was open wide and Mina was nowhere... that familiar dread filled in Bakugou's stomach.

"Yo Bakubro what's going on?.." Kaminari's voice was laced with exhaustion as the blonde's electric yellow eyes shone in the dark. He had clearly not noticed what Bakugou did.

That was probably why he yelped as he got dragged down the stairs to the entrance in the middle of the night.

But Katsuki didn't care. He threw the doors open with a BANG! Luckily no creatures were lurking in the shadows... but it probably would have been less of a scare than what they saw.

• • • (TW: Blood and Death)

He felt like his stomach had been ripped out as the taste of bile began to rise up his throat, Kaminari having to cover his mouth to stop regurgitating the small amount of food he had consumed.

Crimson was staining the floor and even the wall to the broken down building they had just left. A blinding white light illuminated the pavement where she.. it... Mina laid.
Her vibrant pink skin was covered inch to inch with the sickening crimson as glass eyes stared up at an empty sky.

Her hair, which was usually poofed to a point of cuteness, had been flattened by the spits of rainfall, devoiding all life from the corpse that lied there.

He couldn't breathe.

Her limbs had seemed to twist in a way that proved they were broken as red rain threatened to drown the boys' shoes, and Denki soared a glance at Katsuki before the horrifying scene pulled back his attention.

From the few seconds of vision, Kaminari saw the horror, the anger, the pain, in the blonde's face. His skin was a sickly pale as eyes bulged in what seemed to be a terrified state. Was Kaminari a splitting image? He didn't care... how could he?

The eyes that stared... they seemed to be red with tears that were nowhere to be seen. The wind probably stole them away as they took her.

But the scene, one of blood and destruction, one that would engrave in both boys' minds for years, wasn't what twisted their stomachs.

It was the look of pure horror frozen on her ghostly face. The expression of hopelessness that no-one would save her before she passed on. The truth she realised.

But like that, Kaminari simply couldn't take it. His vision blurred as black spots danced. His legs gave way as he felt tight arms around him. And like that a sleepless darkness took him over once more.

• • •

As morning came, Katsuki stared out of the balcony doors before turning back to the Discount Pikachu lying on the floor. The sun had a sickly red tone that casted over Kaminari as he groaned and finally came to after the events of last night.

Katsuki hadn't slept at all since then. He couldn't.

Whatever it was, he knew he had to keep an eye on this one. For Sero. For Kirishima.
And now for...

He couldn't even bring himself to think about it as anger flooded him. They were going after the scum that caused that death. Caused all of them.

The scum that started this shitstorm... Bakugou would kill 'em.

So they walked. Dragging three bags behind them as they stepped over the stain of the street. Katsuki had moved the body prior but the blood was still glistening in the haunted sunlight.

But they walked. They set off to find the culprits, a silence hanging in the air that emphasised the pain.

They walked. Leaving another corpse in the dust behind them.