Chapter 5

"Guys are you okay?! Where's Sero?!"

Kirishima was a mix of shock and confusion. Two of his best friends had just fell onto the floor infront of them after coming out of nowhere.

Kaminari seemed to be in his braindead mode while Mina was a paler pink than he's ever seen her - and she's seen a cat fall off a table and almost broke down crying. It was okay, of course.

But he couldn't risk his mind wandering as he looked back at Bakugou, who for once had an expression that wasn't defined by anger. Wow, how impressive..!

"What are we meant to do, Kirishima? And where the fuck is tape dispenser?!"

"I... I don't know... let's try and find somewhere to take them until they regain consciousness... they seem physically okay" The two boys weren't even surprised by this anymore - these idiots had managed to pull out of getting crushed under building parts with not a single injury between them.

They never cease to amaze the class.

However, a delirious dread filled Kirishima's core as he looked overthe two unconscious teenagers. Two... not three. It was unlikely Sero never went to the house as he was basically the squad babysitter so... where was he?

Was he dead? ..no that's not possible.

Not possible...

Kirishima didn't even realise his eyes were closed until a blonde boy shook his shoulder with careful venom laced in his words
"C'mon I'll help Pinky, you help Discount Pikachu"
And like that, with almost silence in the action, Bakugou had thrown Mina over his shoulder and began dragging his feet in a walk.

Kirishima felt like rock as he forced his muscles to pick up Kaminari. But it wasn't due to his hardening quirk... it was the fear inside. The fear of losing a friend. The fear of learning to kill. The fear... of death. The nerves seemed to tense in his muscles and cause him to almost forget what was occuring around him.

C'mon. Move.

Time seemed to crawl as he secured a grip on the unconscious boy he was carrying and followed Bakugou. Followed him to the end of the world perhaps but followed him no less. Paranoia rushed through his mind as a pang of numbing pain swept his heart away from him.
And he didn't know if it was just his paranoia playing tricks on him, but he could've sworn he saw Bakugou shaking as they walked to the bus station close by.

• • •

Kaminari's head was a fuzz of events as he finally came to.. lying on the floor of a bus station as he saw Mina curled on the nearby bench.

As events flooded into his mind of what had occured, he shot up and tried to teach Mina. Bad idea. A shocking pain shot through his spinal cord and caused him to fall back onto the cold concrete, releasing an squeak as he did. However, his mind couldn't focus on that. His mind usually couldn't focus on anything after short circulating but it was.

Sero.

That word. That name punctured Kaminari's skull like a bullet as a comforting pain exploded in his mind. Waves of guilt, anger.... emotions he had rarely experienced prior... flooded his body and suffocated him. Drowned him. Denki found it close to impossible to breathe as the reality just replayed in his head.

Your fault. It's your fault.
Your fault.

The thoughts were overpowering to the extent that he hadn't realised his was crying until he felt the warming sensation of someone's arms around him, feeling the lukewarm droplets trail down his face and to the floor.

"You're up... hey, Kami it's okay" Kirishima's voice was like silk against Kaminari's ears, a chorus of emotions being held back for both their benefits.
However, Kaminari couldn't even form the words he wanted to, a stone lodged in his throat as he tried to choke them out. Tried to apologise. Tried to tell Ei what he had done.

Only a staggered choke escaped his lips.

"Denki.. we know. Mina came to before you and told us... Bakugou went out to see if he could get some supplies for us.. I helped Mina fall back asleep" They knew? Why did they not ditch him then? If he didn't forget those stupid lights then S-
He couldn't finish that thought as an overpowering pain filled his lungs. It was one much like a fire as he clinged to Kirishima.

Sero was your best friend and you killed him? Hah. He cared for you and risked it all because of your stupidity. You idiot. You're a joke. You're a fucking j-

"Oi, shitty hair, stop blaming yourself" No-one even registered that Bakugou had walked in until he slammed a black bag packed to the rim with food and water to the floor and grabbed Kaminari.
He didn't hug - no, Katsuki Bakugou only hugged Kirishima - but more crushed. Crushed empathy and emotion into his friend.
But it wasn't brutal, as Bakugou registered a look of shock on Pikachu"s face. Shock, indeed, but also... content.

Bakugou's eyes skimmed the room for a moment as the crying went quiet, releasing his grip on Kaminari and watching him stumble partially back to Kirishima, and held a breath.

"Bakusquad" was back together, however they were one down and nowhere close to knowing what to do next.

I'll protect these idiots, was all Bakugou could promise to himself, however his stomach twisted in disbelief.