Chapter Thirty Six (SEASON FINALE FARM)

Start from the beginning

"Nick.." Rick said, still in disbelief.

Nick looked ahead. "I killed Otis." Nick said, not looking at his father. "Stupid son of a bitch almost killed Mikaela. He couldn't have helped us."

Rick stopped fully now, as Nick stopped too.

"I did what was right. What you would've been afraid to do." Nick's words chilled Rick.

Two murders, and he didn't even feel bad. He thought it was right.

Rick nodded. "Keep walking," he said, looking at Nick, before taking another step, beginning to walk. 

Nick nodded, walking with him.

"You agree though, right? They both deserved to die." Nick said, sighing. "They had to die."

Rick was silent, nodding. "Yeah.." He spoke quietly. 

Nick followed behind Rick. The two slowly walked to a field, Nick walking a bit faster, taking the lead. They could just go back to the farm now, secrets revealed.

"Let's wait up at this clearing for Shane," Nick spoke, glancing over his shoulder.

Rick nodded slowly, looking ahead. 

The farm had stayed quiet, nobody suspecting anything yet. It was damn sure quiet. Nobody was talking, and everyone was almost ready to fall asleep. Only adrenlaine kept them awake. It was scary, being in a dark house with a world full of walkers, and a man on the loose with a gun. More fear than any average day.

Shane had continued to walk, looking for any evidence of Randall, keeping his gun close. His shotgun was back with Andrea, but his glock was with him, though. It was quiet in the woods, and Shane was surprised there weren't any walkers. The cold air was bitter, and chilly. He only had his jacket, which was thin. His navy blue one.

In the clearing, which was discovered to be a field, Nick had turned his back to Rick, looking out into the distance. The farm's shadow could be seen. Nick had never seen this spot, but was amazed at how large it was, yet unseen.

"It's quiet," Nick spoke as he looked at the surroundings. 

Rick nodded, taking out his gun, just in case a walker or a few had stumbled by. 

"It is.." Rick said, sighing as he could feel the moisture on the grass leak into his thin boots. Only a greater cold feeling, he thought.

"It's always quiet though," Nick sighed, looking down. "I always--"

Gun shot. Smoke rose from the end hole, as Nick fell to the ground. Rick swallowed hard, hearing the click of his gun as the barrel shifted. The gun shot echoed throughout the fields, but it couldn't possibly reach the house, could it? Rick stumbled to his son, looking at him. It had to be done. Killing two people, and thinking it was right would be considered criminally insane. 

Rick muttered his sorry's to Nick. He looked down, crouching over his body. The bullet went clean through his head, stopping his life immediately. Rick felt a tear slip from his eyelid. It was cold. It felt like it would freeze, but of course, it didn't. 

"I'm sorry.." Rick muttered, moving his hand to the chest. No heartbeat. No breathing. Nick was gone.

Just as the words had escaped Rick's mouth, Shane could hear footsteps behind him, thinking the gun shot attracted a walker. When Rick turned around, he saw Shane, gun rised.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Shane asked, stepping closer.

Rick glanced at Nick, then back to Shane. "I can explain, brother, just let me.."