parrish had gotten hurt so lydia went to argent to help him. when marcie got there, she saw gerard. he was healthy.

gerard began to tell everyone the story about how the beast was first discovered back in france.

he began telling them about a letter that a man named sebastian wrote about this beast.

"that letter would eventually find its way into the hands of a young woman. a skilled hunter who would later face the beast armed with nothing but a steel tipped pike." gerard said.

"she would be known by history as the maid of gevaudan. but her real name was marie-jeanne." gerard explained.

that took marcie back to the time when allison read her and lydia that story.

gerard slid the book over to them and they saw an image of the huntress going up against the beast.

"maybe someone should resurrect her." parrish said walking away.

"don't leave." lydia told him.

"my dreams aren't like yours, lydia. i'm not just a harbinger of death. i'm the cause of it." parrish said before he left.

"jordan." lydia said going after him.

"let him go." gerard said making lydia turn around.

"why?" lydia asked.

"because as much as we believe parrish could take on the beast... neither of us think he's our only hope at stopping it." chris said.

"what do you mean?" lydia asked.

"we think there's another." chris said.

"you." gerard said looking at lydia.

"what?" marcie asked.

-

"marie-jeanne was a lot like you, lydia. skeptical of her own abilities. and once, actually, just as skeptical of the supernatural." gerard told her.

he began telling the story again about how the town was putting up posters to warn the villagers about the beast.

marie-jeanne started a hunting party after seeing one of the victims.

"why didn't he warn her?" lydia asked.

"he told her about everything that they'd seen during the war. but like i said, marie-jeanne was a skeptic." gerard said.

her brother sebastian claimed to have known about the beast but marie-jeanne didn't believe.

"they searched from dawn till dusk, hoping to find the beast where it slept. but they knew they'd most likely only encounter it at nightfall. it was just after midnight when the first torch went out." gerard said.

"the beast killed them." marcie said.

gerard went on and told them about how a man came out of nowhere and put mountain ash around him and marie-jeanne to save them.