007

CHAPTER SEVEN:

CHAPTER SEVEN:

"why did you use a pseudonym?" marcie asked.

"i had a professional reputation once. i wasn't interested in ruining it by putting my name on a second rate piece of trash." valack replied.

"then why write the book in the first place?" stiles asked.

"you haven't even read it yet, have you? i wrote it because no one believed me. because no one listened. they're here, aren't they? in beacon hills." valack said.

"what are they?" marcie asked.

"not entirely human. at least, not anymore. they were scientist once. scientists who worshipped the supernatural. tesla said, if you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. they found their secrets in electromagnetic forces. ways to prolong their lives, give them power, and most importantly, making you forget you ever saw them." valack explained.

"what do they want?" marcie asked.

"good question, marcie. everybody wants something, don't they?" valack said.

"okay, so what do you want?" stiles asked him.

valack pulled out a tape recorder and put it in the box that marcie and stiles could reach into.

"hit record." valack said looking at marcie.

"what do you want me to say?" marcie asked.

"i don't want you to say anything. i want you to record the energy in your hands." valack told her.

he knew that the energy from marcie's magic would be strong enough to break the glass of his cell.

-

"i can't hear anything. must be the mountain ash." scott said.

"i feel it too. to be honest, i feel a little weak." kira told him.

"yeah, it's like being sedated." scott replied moving his hand around.

"this was a bad idea, wasn't it?" kira said letting out a sigh.

she was worried about marcie. ever since her surgery, she wanted to make sure she'd look out for her.

"they'll be okay without us. and those two... they're pretty good together." scott said thinking back to when stiles and marcie first met.