epilogue

ASHLEY

"Are you kidding?" I ask Michael as he drags me aside at the hospital's Christmas party. 

They booked out a function space at the yacht club, and what had turned out to be a boring party a second ago, has just become scandalous.

He's holding my hand and casually walking us in the direction of the stairs while he talks to me. "I listened to what you said – not a public bathroom."

I make a face of revulsion. "Ugh, the germs."

"Not the beach."

"Sand does not sound like a good idea!"

"I already ruled out a marshland. So that leaves the empty room upstairs while everyone is partying down here."

Michael looks dashing in his formal suit and tie, and I must admit that I've been wanting to undress him all night. It's been pure torture keeping my hands to myself knowing this sexy man is all mine. These pregnancy hormones are driving me nuts.

We had our pregnancy test a couple of days ago at a different hospital as we wanted to keep it under wraps for a bit longer. With the definitive yes result, we both agreed that we should let Jack know. Michael is going to do it since Jack still isn't speaking to me. A fact that I can understand and acknowledge hurts.

But now that Michael fills my life with so much joy, it isn't something I dwell on very often.

We make it upstairs, passing a cleaning closet, a glass door and another set of bathrooms.

At the last Michael raises his eyebrows in question at me, a smirk lingering on his full lips.

I laugh, already shaking my head. "No way."

Michael chuckles and backtracks to the glass door we passed. "This is it, I just wanted to see your reaction to the bathroom."

He leads me into what appears to be a trophy room, shutting the glass door behind us. Excitement is starting to channel through my body at what we're about to do.

"Have I mentioned how sexy you look in that dress?" Michael murmurs, tugging me closer to him.

"Only about twenty or so times," I say with a smile, as I run my hand possessively down his chest. "You look too hot in this suit. I've been thinking about undressing you all night."

Michael chuckles. "That makes two of us. I've been wanting to get under your skirt and thrust inside you. I love hearing your desperate pants in my ear as you lose control."

Unable to help myself I kiss him. His mouth is hot and reverent against mine. His hands teasingly run over me, caressing my curves as he backs me up against a glass cabinet, it's cool against my back, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Michael," I say, my gaze on the door.

He hums against my neck as he pushes my dress up higher, bunching it around my waist. Warmth cascades through me.

"It's a glass door. Anyone that comes upstairs will be able to see us."

His fingers have moved my thong aside and he starts rubbing my clit. "So wet," he growls in approval. "And the glass door makes it that much more exciting – doesn't it?"

I moan as his fingers enter me, while he continues to rub my clit with his thumb. Such talented hands he has.

"I can tell you like it," he says, a hint of laughter in his voice. "It thrills you that we might get caught. You're soaked at the thought."