Chapter 21

Stacey's Pov

***1 month later***

"Saff, I know somethings going to go happen. The gang is getting more threats and Levi and Scott are at there wits end with all this shit. Look how many days they've had to have off college just this last month." I said as Saffron and I sat in the cafeteria of the college.

"I know Stace, it's only a matter of time before something does happen. And I'm terrified that me, you and the girls are their targets." Saff replies tears falling down her cheeks.

"Saff, I'm just as terrified as you are but we have to stay strong for the girls. I don't want them to see how terrified we are of something that might happen. I know it's hard but keeping them safe and happy is our main priority." I said tears gathering in my eyes.

We got up from our seats in the cafeteria and headed for our dance class. Our last class for the day then I can go and collect Maddie from school and keep her in my arms. I know as long as she is at school she is a lot safer.

Surely the rival gang wouldn't do anything near the school. But their a gang.... anything is possible!

Dance class went painfully slow and I couldn't concentrate. My mind was all over the place. After hearing Saffron say that us and the girls could be their target made me terrified for my daughters and my nieces safety. Picking Maddie up from school I kept her in my arms till we got to the car, Saff did the same with Keira. We were well aware of everything going on around us and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Back at home, Saffron and Keira were still with us which we both decided would be better until we heard from Levi and Scott.

The girls were playing so nicely while I and Saffron made dinner. We decided to cook chicken curry with rice. The four of us sat down at the dining room table and ate. We asked the girls about their day at school. While eating dinner both Saffron and I received a message telling us to pack some clothes for the weekend as we were going to the safe house as a precaution. We looked at each other with worried looks on our faces.

I gave Saffron my house keys and she went next door  to her house to pack a few clothes for her and Keira and I raced upstairs to do the same for Maddie and I. 10 minutes later Saff came back to mine, Levi and Scott walked in the door with panicked looks on their faces.

Levi engulfed me in a tight hug and whispered in my ear "we need to get going. I'll explain in the car." I nodded as he let me go.

I called upstairs to the girls to come down and get there shoes on and they both asked questions about why and where we were going. We explained to them that we were going to the house for a weekend away and they were both excited.

"Can we go swimming when we get there mommy?" Keira asked Saffron.

"Of course you can." Saffron smiled and both girls started jumping and squealing on the spot. Like normal Saffron, Keira and Scott got into Scott's car as I, Maddie and Levi got in Levi's car. While driving Levi twined his fingers with mine and kissed my knuckles smiling at me but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. I had a very strong feeling that somethings going to go wrong this weekend.

We arrived at the house an hour and a half later. Some other guys were already there and walked the perimeter to make sure it was safe for us and reported back to Levi that all was indeed safe. As soon as the girls were out the car they were begging for their swimming costumes.

"Mads baby, let me get our case inside then you can get your swimming costume on." I smiled at her as she ran towards the house.

I got Maddie's costume out of our case and got her changed into it. I changed into a bikini as the boys said they would cook so us girls could have fun in the pool. I reminded them that us girls had already eaten so they said they would just put some light snacks out for us to nibble on after we've been in the pool.

We played with the pool inflatables and had fun splashing around. The boys were still inside doing whatever they were doing while we were having fun. The later it got the colder it got. I knew it was time to get out the pool when all four of us were shivering. After showering and getting our pyjamas on we had the snacks the boys put out for us and settled on the sofa to watch a film.

The girls decided on Aladdin. Over excited! I am a Disney freak, I loved Disney films. Aladdin being one of my favourites. I also loved Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Moana, that's just naming a few. I knew most of the lyrics to the songs in the films. I cuddled into Levi's side as he put his arm around my waist, Maddie was cuddled up to me and Keira was next to Maddie. Saffron and Scott were on another sofa cuddled together.

I was blessed to have this moment with my family, my best friends, my daughter. We felt like a 'normal' family having movie night and I loved it. If only life was so simple though. We all had that fear of something happening at any moment. The rival gang was coming, it could happen anytime, any-day, anywhere. We had to be prepared for when that time struck, I was ready but absolutely terrified.

~~~~~~
Chapter 21 done :)
~~~~~~

Another chapter complete 🙌🏻  I feel like I'm repeating myself but I'll let you guys be the judge of that. We know that the rival gang are moving in but what, when and where?? You shall have to wait and see 😝

How many chapters do you think I should have??

I'm not sure whether to get straight to the point and have only 2-3 chapters left or have more chapters but have filler chapters about their random everyday life 🙈 let me know what you think 💭

I can't believe this story is at 6k reads already.... what?!?! 😱😳 Anyway guys thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments. I appreciate it all. I don't consider myself a writer because this is literally the first story I've even written :) also go check out my other story I'm writing it's called Falling for my Boss 🥰