Lets walk and talk

Maura's POV

"You have a kid?" Jane asked.

"No. I had a miscarriage. Casey came around but we just couldn't make it work between us. It really took a toll on us. And now he just saw us kiss.."

"Maur.."

"Jane what Casey and I had doesn't matter anymore. I don't want to be with him. I just want you to know that. Okay?" I leaned in and kissed her softly. I pulled away with a smile on my face. "Now let's go inside we have a party to attend." I got out of the truck and opened her door. I helped her out of the truck. Casey was standing by the door. When we walked up.

"Jane!" Casey said.

"Hey Casey." Jane replied.

"Can we uh talk for a minute?" he asked looking down at my hand intertwined with Jane's. I pulled her in closer to me.

"Uh yeah let's take a walk" she replied.

Casey smiled.

"Uh Maur I'll be in there in a minute." She said before she leaned down to kiss me.

"Right I'll see you in a few minutes then." I replied after she pulled away. I watched her walk off following Casey down to the river that was behind BBQ Johnny's.

Casey's POV

"Look Casey I don't know what you want to talk about but there isn't really much to talk about." She started rambling on so I turned around and put my arm around her waist and pulled her in. "Jane I like you. a lot. So there isn't much talking to do just this." I said before I leaned into kiss her. She didn't kiss back. So I pulled away. "I know Maura told you what happened. I know how it looked. Like I didn't want anything to do with the baby but that's not true. I just didn't know how to react. I was there when we found out she had a miscarriage. We both struggled with it."

"Casey we can't. I am with Maura." Jane said before she turned to walk away.

"Jane come on!"

"Casey there isn't anything between us." She shouted back at me. She walked away and into the restaurant.