The Ride to School

Maura pulled out of her driveway and parked outside of Jane's house. She walked out of her house wearing a Red Sox jersey and skinny jeans with a pair of white vans. She looked gorgeous the way her long black curly hair cascaded over her shoulders. Truth is that I really am gay. No one knows really, they all make jokes about it but I haven't told anyone. Jane opened my truck door a put her book bag in the floor board and then jumped in.
"Good morning Jane."
"Morning Maur."
"Alright so here is your schedule and a map of the school. I will be your 'tour guide' for the day since we have the same schedule."
"Um okay so we have Calculus first?" Jane asked.
"Uh yeah with Mrs. Jones... that's Casey's mom"
"Wait it says I have Softball 6th period.. how can I have that if it's for the team?" Jane asked.
"Yeah.. your mom said you played at your old school. So I talked to the coach and she looked over your records and some videos of you. She said that your records are outstanding, so she put you on the team... With me." Jane just looked at me as a smile grew across her face. God she was so beautiful.. I just wanted to kiss her.
"So uh you play too?" she asked
"Um yeah I have since I was a kid."
"Me too. Maur can I ask you something?"
"Yeah! shoot!" I answered.
"Casey... what's his story? I mean he kissed me the other night"
"Casey? he's a good guy. Top in his ROTC class. Has military scholarships. Made a 32 on the act and a 99 on the ASVAB. Our best full back and he loves the Red Sox but he just got out of a pretty serious relationship so be careful."
"He's cute but he isn't really my type." she told me.
"Oh! and what would your type be exactly?" I asked hoping she would say she was gay. It was a long shot but she does play softball.. I know that's an awful stereotype but it is most often true. I mean I am and I play and so are a lot if girls on our team.
"Well I'm Bi." she said
"Really? Well a lot of girls on the softball team are too. including me" I smiled.