FOUR.

four; dancing is good for the soul.

     Alone. Was the only word Maeve could think of. Abandoned would also be another, but she blamed herself for that. She was the one who left the Umbrella Academy. She was the one who sealed her doom. There was no one else to blame but herself.

     And now here she was. Right at the door of the mansion. There seems to be no lights on. Figures why she surged out of the light pole.

     Instead of knocking, she opens the doors herself. Allowing herself in might have been disrespectful, but why would she care. Stepping into the dark, she sees the moonlight shining through the windows. For it be a place filled with nightmares, it was nice to see something beautiful in a while.

     Guessing they've already handled the body, she walks into the book filled room. Noticing the pictures on the wall of Five and the remaining academy. She sits on the couch, running her fingers over the fancy fabric. Reminiscing over the times she had with her family.

     "Maeve? Is that you?" Maeve turns to the door to notice her mother. Maeve doesn't even hesitate to run and hug her mother. "I'm so sorry I left you, Mom." Grace returns the hug.

     Maeve starts to burst out crying while holding her mom. "I should have never left you. I should have stayed. I'm so sorry... are you okay?" Grace smiles, "Of course why wouldn't I be?"

     A puzzled look rests upon Maeve's face but she quickly dismisses it. "Is there anybody else here?" The lights turn on the mansion and the fire starts going. "No. Pogo is asleep and your father..." Maeve notices the discomfort of her mother. "It's fine, mom. What all happened while I was a-"

     There's a sudden knock at the door. "I'll get it." Grace says while walking to the door. Maeve stands there admiring the place she used to live in, or will live in again. She stares at her hands noticing the golden glow illuminating from inside her hands. The airy glow circulates around her fingers. Letting her know she's content and home.

     "Mae." She turns to the man in the dark suit. "It's been awhile, goose." Maeve smiles and runs to hug Diego. Diego embraces her and lifts her up. While setting her down, she nudges in him in the arm. "I thought nicknames were fore wusses?"

     "Yes, and you are a wuss." He says while walking off. "Wait. Where are you going?" "To investigate." Maeve stands there. "Hold on! Let me catch up, dipstick." Diego tells a hey back but let's the girl catch up to him on the stairs.

     They both reach their father's room. The room is neat and tidy. Weird for someone who passed away. "This place is ridiculously neat." Maeve while she walks to the windows. "Check those. See if they're locked." He points towards the windows. Without questioning, she checks and they are all locked.