ONE.

one; past-present.

October 1st, 1996

October 1st, 1996

    MAEVE HAD SAT AT THE DINNER TABLE RATHER QUIETLY. It had been exactly 4 months since she was dropped off. Her thoughts about the mansion were only bittersweet ones. She felt hollow inside and unsure on what to think. There are some ups and downs to the place. She was left with nothing.

June 1st, 1994

    The first day she walked in, she was acquainted with the other seven children living under the same roof, sitting on the stairs. She was now understanding that she was being left behind by her mom to be here, but she really didn't know exactly the cause. She had thought it was because of her glowing hands.

    As she was awkwardly staring down the children, one of them stood up rather quickly from the steps and headed to the girl. He seemed to be a little taller than the others and had sun-kissed blonde hair. He reached out his hand formally, "I guess you can say I'm Number One. I'm the leader around here." He looked proud while saying this, while Maeve wanted to punch him in the face.

    Maeve slowly stretched out her arm and locked hands with the boy. She noticed her hands were glowing as she placed her hand in his. The boy quickly let go of the grasp and yelped. He was looking at his now steaming red hot hand.

    "Let this be a lesson not to shake hands with strangers, Number One." The boy, looking ashamed and angry, had went back to his spot and sat down. One of the boys had a smug plastered on his face while looking at Maeve. He obviously was amused with what happened to the so called "leader," two other boys were staring at the girl with awe, while one boy was too infatuated with his book to realize there was a new girl.

    There was one girl who was staring at Maeve with only a small smile. Maeve couldn't tell why the girl was looking at her like that. There was another girl standing beside a young woman who was also smiling. The girl seemed rather sad while the woman seemed like she had more of a warming persona to her. Maeve questioned why she was there. She was extremely confused, but dazed, as to why there was an ape who was fully clothed and was capable of speaking.

    "You all can propose your introductions later. Quickly, hurry and get dressed for dinner."

October 1, 1996

    Maeve had gotten the names, or numbers, of the other children. Number One, was the annoying one to her. He seemed way to confident and always bossed her around. Maeve had quickly found herself not to be the one to push around.

    Number Two, was the funny one to her.
He appreciated what Maeve had done to Luther. To quickly embarrass him for once. He had her back when Luther was trying to mistreat Maeve.

     Number Three, was the nice one to her. Allison was quickly by Maeve's side on the first day. They quickly became great friends and shared each other's secrets in the first month.

    Number Four, was the dashing one to her. Maeve would always be catching glances from him. He would always bring vinyls to her room or a soda. They were secretly closer than her and Allison.

    Number Five, was the equal to her. They were both learning very quickly and could escape into any conversations filled with knowledge.

    Number Six, was the quiet one to Maeve. He barely spoke to the girl, seeming to be uninterested by her presence. Maeve thought that he didn't like her, when it was the complete opposite.

    Number Seven, was the curious one of the bunch. Maeve had never gotten the chance to speak to the girl. She couldn't crack the code on why the little girl wouldn't speak to her, why she always looked like she was embarrassed.

    Maeve was sitting in her respective chair at the dining table, staring at her food. She felt a slight nudge come from the right of her, which was of course Number Four. He mouthed to her if she was okay. She only nodded and went back to staring at her cold soup.

    She placed her hands around the bowl and began to heat up the substance. She then placed it down and slowly began to eat the soup.

September 7, 2006

    Two years after Number Five's disappearance and, the group was given names and were beginning to fall apart. Maeve was itching to leave the mansion.

After training, Maeve was granted with her true potential. She was able to telepathically move anything and catch incredible speed. While using these powers, her eyes would illuminate a pretentious glow and her hair would raise like there was no gravity. She felt too powerful and hated to even use her extraordinary gift.

She was a huge liability to the team and sometimes would frighten Reginald. As the time came, Maeve had her escape plan set and ready. She had left that night seeking for redemption and a new life that wasn't bombarded with a terrible father and runaway siblings. She wanted to clear her name and start fresh. And so she did.

|
author's note:
its finished. ;) thank you for reading!