THREE.

three; not a toy.

     Maeve stood in her tracks, tears running down her face

Maeve stood in her tracks, tears running down her face. A slight misty rain had started. Maeve was just staring at the screen, ignoring the rain. Her hands began to glow a dark blue. She didn't even understand why she was that sad. But then the only caretaker who actually took her in was gone.

She lifted her hand and the glow from her hand had transferred into the air and into the TVs, turning them off. The rain had started to come down harder.

     She turned and started to walk on the sidewalk again. She didn't want to use her powers, but she was not going to get a taxi or uber. Her ex would blow a gasket if she used any of her money to not pay up. She had to pay for everything that she used, but he would manipulate her into thinking that she could do one thing in order to not pay. And she strongly declined the offer. It's a wonder that she didn't explode.

     She then traveled through the electricity. Maeve would transform into her glow and it allowed her surge through electricity and end up anywhere she wanted. She would have never found that out if it wasn't for Reginald. She wouldn't have tamed her powers if it weren't for him.

She ended up in her ex's apartment. She went straight to the bathroom to switch into her night clothes. After she left the bathroom, her ex was standing at the door. "Hey, why are you home so early?" He sounded tired. "I... uh... I quit my job and... my father... he died... I'm sorry I came home early without letting you know." Maeve felt tears building again.

    "Maeve. Come sit down with me." He led her towards the couch. Once they sat down, he exhaled loudly. He then slowly started to say, "You know you can't live here without bringing in any kind of income. I mean you always have my option. It's still standing, but just because your father died doesn't give you-" "What did you say?" Maeve felt so much anger build up in her.

     "Mae-" "No. I did not purposely quit to just use that as an excuse." She could feel her hands getting hot. "Maeve. Calm down. I don't want to kick you out."

     Maeve quickly stood up, "Kick me out? Are you kidding me? I have gotten job after job. And I've only been here for two weeks. Because you don't like how they're paying I have to scurry for another. I finally leave a shitty job and then I am falsely claiming that I quit because my dad died? I'm not your fucking girlfriend. And I am not your toy." And with that the electricity started to flicker. She could feel her hair start to float.

     Her eyes went white and she was floating off the ground. Here she was again, breaking her promise of not becoming this monster. She couldn't help it. This was the worse night for her and it was time for her release everything that was built up.

     "Mae... what are you?" He looked completely terrified. And with that she shut off the electricity.

     Since it was pitch black, she stormed off. She scurried down the stairs and out of the building. She landed on the sidewalk. It had stopped raining and she finally felt at ease. As she was kneeling, she could hear sirens. She looks up to an ambulance driving by. Well there are other people having it was worse than me.

     She stood up and went to the only place she could think of.

|
author's note:
lesssgooooo. 🖤