"You love me?"

ADRIANA

I don't know how else to feel about this whole situation. Once I left the house I just decided to go home. I haven't told Payton and I haven't told Kaiden (Adriana's brother).

I don't know how to feel about this. We were never officially together but we made it very clear that we were still together.

If that makes any damn sense?

Noah has been calling and texting me ever since I caught him.

It's kinda funny actually... the fact that I was going over there to ask him why he hasn't been texting or calling me and now he keeps calling me. Wanting me to answer. Where was that energy when I actually wanted to talk him?
I sigh and throw myself back on the bed. I really don't know what to do. I've never been in a predicament to where I really had no idea what the fuck to do. But here I am right now. Not knowing what to do. Asking myself if I should call him back, let him explain... but I don't want to hear his sorry ass excuses. I'm so over all of this now.

The tears finally come down. After holding them in for what felt like so long I finally let them fall.

But these tears aren't just from Noah.
It's from everything in my life. The fact that I don't have a mother or father anymore. The fact that I'm nowhere near as close to my brother anymore. It hurts. It all hurts so much. I'm tired of pretending to be strong. Acting like I'm okay and I'm really not. I'm really feel like I'm dying on the inside. But I suck it up because of the fact that there are people out there going through worser shit then me. I have a pretty good life compared to most people.

All these thoughts running through my head and the tears still falling I drift off into a sleep, dreading the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow and probably see Noah.

***

I wake up with the sun shining as bright as ever... I see the weather isn't matching my mood today. I roll outta bed and head to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and I am horrified at the sight. My usually big brown eyes that were usually filled with some type of happiness, despite everything in my life that has gone wrong, are now low and dull. I have bags under my eyes. You can tell that i been crying and barely got any sleep at all.

I shrug it off and take a shower. Once I get out the shower I look way more alive and refreshed.

I refuse to let him see me down. Imma walk into school like the bad bitch I am and walk right past him. I will not let him see me down. I will not give him or anyone else that satisfaction.

I do a little bit of light/natural makeup and throw on some clothes. I look in the mirror and once I am satisfied with my look, I go downstairs to see my brother sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey brother." I say to him as I kiss him on the cheek.

"Hey sis."

"How are you?"

I'm okay, look... I have someone for you to meet."

"Who is it?"

"I don't want y'all to meet just yet. But just know, that I want you to meet some."
"Okay..." I say sheepishly. Not really wanting to get into it.