"Wait!" Jenna countered quickly and I rose an eyebrow at her while she took a deep breath, as if preparing herself. "I got this—It's a school night. Don't stay out too late." She pointed at me in warning and I laughed, smiling back.

"Good job, Jen." I replied in amusement and watched as she nodded in accomplishment and walked away. I shook my head and opened the door only to see the same guy who ran into me earlier, but this time without his sunglasses.

"Oh—" He started, obviously flustered again and embarrassed. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around us curiously and clearly confused.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked skeptically, only before I looked down at his hands to see he held Elena's diary. "Do you have my sister's journal?" I added, looking down at it in question before he looked down at it also and quickly handed it to me.

"Uh—Elena and I saw each other this afternoon and she forgot it. I-I just thought I would bring it back to her." He stuttered in embarrassment. I slowly nodded and tilted my head at him while I put the book on the door side table. "I, uh—I'm Stefan." He introduced awkwardly.

"Mariana." I replied, now giving him a small smile as I looked him over again, taking in the entire view this time.. He was cute. Had pretty green eyes that just poured into you.. Like they were reading you or something. "I take it you thought there was only one of us?" I asked jokingly, noticing the way he was looking at me and he gave me a dry laugh.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that." Stefan answered with a small smile and I slowly nodded at him while he looked down at the coat in my hand. "I'm sorry—were you going somewhere?" He asked and I looked down at the coat also before meeting his gaze again.

"Yeah, actually—To meet some friends." I pointed out with a nod and watched him slowly nod back, looking around us awkwardly.

"Well, then I should—" Stefan started, moving out of my way and off of the porch but I stopped him.

"Would you like to come?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and watched him furrow his. "Elena will be there. I mean, in case you wanted to tell her you stopped by to drop of her diary... yourself." I added mischievously. Stefan slowly nodded in agreement, a smile playing on his face. "Great." I stated with a nod before I stepped out of the doorway and onto the porch beside him, closing the front door behind me.
~~~

Stefan and I walked into The Mystic Grill and I took my coat off before looking up and instantly seeing the amount of stares that landed on the two of us.. but mostly on him. Through all of the beady eyes, I saw Tyler's from where he stood beside Caroline over by the pool tables. I instantly looked away and cleared my throat as Matt came over to us. "Hey, I'm Matt. Nice to meet you." Matt greeted, introducing himself to Stefan and I smiled.

"Stefan." Stefan countered, smiling back as the two shook hands.

"Ty and I are playing pool. You should come over and say hi if you want." Matt stated as he looked down at me. I nodded in agreement and looked past him to see Bonnie sitting at a table across from us, frantically wavering her hand, gesturing Stefan and I over. I smiled at her and looked at Stefan who put him hands in his jacket pockets but followed me to the table.

"Hey, guys." I said with a smile as Stefan and I sat down. "I brought a friend." I informed and smirked at Elena who beamed at Stefan from where she sat. Caroline came over from the pool table, leaving Matt and Tyler to themselves.

"So, Stefan—were you born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked as she sat down and instantly started up a conversation.

"Uh, yes—But when I was younger, we moved around a lot." Stefan replied vaguely, clearly guarded about the topic and I smiled at him.