Chapter 1: Some Things Gleam and Glow....

[Skai]

I sigh, setting down my pen. Well... That's a decent summary of the Butterfly lineage since Queen Eclipsa's lineage. Maybe mom'll actually pay attention to me for once.... But not today. There was a knock on my door, "Come in!" I called out and Manfred butted his head in. "Prince Skai, I pray you're ready for the Ceremony this evening?" I sighed again,"Yes Manfred. For the third time, I'm ready for the Ceremony, all I need to do is change outfits.". "Very good, sir. Also Queen Celeste has summoned your attention in the throne room." I blinked, turning to him. "What was that, Manfred?"

I almost couldn't believe it. The only times my mom summons me is so she can reprimand me with father for doing something bad or 'un-prince-y'. I took deep breaths as I walked down the long hallways of the castle. I stopped at a mirror that's a short way before the throne room, staring at myself. My curly pink hair, with bangs so long I have to pin them up with hairpin. On my cheeks reside two pink five-pointed stars. My pale skin makes my ice blue eyes pop, and my red monster horns stick out of my bangs like the antennae on a bug... Which makes sense, seeing as they're horns. I tend to wear attire that is based on a dimension called 'Earth'. Rose goes on many trips with mother across dimensions, learning about the many sights of the universe. Rose said the style of the 'Earth' dimension would suit me well, so she had Manfred go and pick me up some to spice up my wardrobe, and I've loved one specific outfit a lot ever since: A large, baggy top called a 'hoodie'. Mewni can get cold often so the warmth I feel from the fabric is amazing. It's got a pink heart on the front, Rose said it's to match her love for me but I think its just because she knows I enjoy pink.

As for the rest of my outfit: I wear very short leg garments called 'jeans shorts' as well as a very nicely made pair of short white leather boots that I sewed little wings onto the back of. I look at myself in the mirror, and sigh. My mother always hated how much I express myself through another dimensions clothes. 'What, are Mewni fashions not good enough? How ungrateful.' My mom always seems to look for an excuse to reprimand me... Which is what I'm assuming now is. I take a deep breath and continue walking down the hall, taking a left into the open doorway leading into the grand hall that makes up the throne room. At the end I see my mother and father sitting in waiting. My father is a size shifter, like my great-great-great-great-something grandmother Eclipsa's lover was. My dad is a much brighter red than Globgore, and has large, sharp horns protruding from his head. He has tired, but warm red eyes. Unlike the rest of his body, his scheme isn't all red. His suit is black, with a blue tie to represent my mother's cheek emblems.

Speaking of my mother, she is sitting beside him with a very tired and aggravated stare at me. She's wearing her brown hair in a bun, and her mouth, though touched with red lipstick, still protrudes slight fangs. Her cheek emblems are an electric blue, in the shape of four-point stars. She has black hair, but sparkles like stars in the night sky. Her pale skin, like mine, shows off her icy blue eyes. She's also wearing a large, puffy blue dress that matches her eyes. She stands, holding up her wand. The staff is simple, a long blue crystal rod capped with gold. The top of the staff, the antebellum(or for less proficient speakers: The bell) is like a clock, with a four point star white gem on the left side and several red diamonds on the right side. Mother sighs, "Skai, please tell me you aren't wearing th-""No, mother I'm not. I'm wearing a more formal outfit to the Ceremony." She sighed, "Please don't interrupt me Skai. Now your father and I were talking.... Now that Roselyn will have not only the wand but the Book of Spells in her possession, Glossaryck will be taking up full time of her training. So I was thinking tomorrow you and I could go out, just us, and pick some flowers in the Rose Garden. How does that sound?" I blinked."R-really? But we never do anything together."

She sighed, walking up to me and placing a hand on my shoulder, "I know things have been hard on us lately, but I assure you, from now on I will spend much more time with you to make up for all the lost time of the past..." I was going to say something when a guard stormed in, "Queen Celeste! News on the Rebellion. Toffee and several other monsters have-""N-not now, Sir Gaeryian. Look, Skai, run along and get ready for the ceremony." I nodded, rushing off past the guard.

[Queen Celeste]

I sighed, sitting at the table. Hekapoo, Lekhmet, Rhombulus and Omnitraxis(Or rather Omnitraxis' crystal orb) staring me down. Hekapoo sighed, "Fine, I'll say it. I don't think we should have the ceremony today." I shook my head,"Preposterous. For generations, Queens of Mewni have had the Wand Ceremony on the exact date of the receivers fourteenth birthday, and Roselyn's birthday is today. Not tomorrow, not a week from now, today." Lekhmet bleated and Rhombulus nodded, "I agree, it's not safe. Not for you, your kids, or anyone who shows up." I stood, slamming my hands on the table. "Listen. The Kingdom of Mewni is expecting a ceremony today and I cannot just call it off. Roselyn is waiting, Skai is waiting and I am waiting for this to happen. We shall discuss more after the Ceremony." I then turned and walked out the door, feeling the Magic High Commission glaring at me from behind. I swore before I left earshot I heard them say something about Eclipsa, Meteora, and Toffee.

I am not canceling my daughter's most awaited ceremony on the possibility that Toffee will attack. He didn't attack the last royal banquet merely a week ago, why attack us now?

Oh how I wish I could've taken back my choice that day.

End of Chapter 1