Sisters Reunited

Olaf quickly lead the prisoners out of the room ("Did I mention how much I love showers?"), leaving Anna alone with her sister.

For the first time, she noticed that Elsa had no gun on her. Only a wooden baton than she gripped in her right hand like it was her single most precious possession in the world.

"So," said Elsa, breaking the short silence. "This is the first time I've seen you naked in a while. The last time must've been when you were...six maybe? Back when we loved taking baths together, remember?"

"I remember," said Anna, barely getting even those two words out in her current state of terror.

"Excuse me?" said Elsa.

"I remember," Anna repeated, a bit louder.

"I remember, MA'AM!" yelled Elsa, suddenly lifting her baton over Anna's head. "In this prison, you will address me as either warden or ma'am from now on. AM I CLEAR?!"

Taken aback by this, Anna began backing away, but quickly realized she was cornered against the wall.

"Yes, ma'am!" she managed to spit out. "I understand, ma'am! It won't happen again, ma'am!"

"Fine," said Elsa, immediately cooling down. "That wasn't so hard, now, was it?"

There was more silence.

"So," Anna began, slowly. "I didn't know you were a prison warden...um, ma'am!"

"How would you?" said Elsa, who sounded almost casual now. "It's not like you ever bothered to keep in touch with me after I began training to be a corrections officer."

"I sent you a ton of letters...ma'am," said Anna, still getting used to addressing her sister this way. "If anything, you cut off contact with me, not the other way around!"

"I was very busy, Anna," said Elsa, stroking her baton as though it were a pet cat. "I didn't have time to respond to letters in which all you did was ramble on about a bunch of cheerful nonsense."

This response, naturally, made Anna angry. But she knew she couldn't let it show.

"And besides, Anna, it's not like any of it matters anymore," said Elsa. "I mean look at where we ended up. I'm on one side of the bars, and you're on the other. So maybe you should've been less focused on building snowmen and playing in the snow and more focused on keeping your life on track."

Anna said nothing. If there was one thing she didn't feel like discussing with Elsa right now, it was the reason she got sent here.

"So," said Elsa, picking up a file that Anna was sure must've been about her and flipping through it. "How long are you in for anyway?"

"Life, ma'am," said Anna, doing her best to make that sound like a meaningless statement, instead of the cold, soul-crushing reality that it was.

"Oh, really?" said Elsa, suddenly looking amused. "I always knew you were foolish, Anna, but I never took you for..."

Her eyes widened for a bit as she read something in the file. Then she just smirked.

"Anna, one word of advice before I let you have your little shower," she said, rolling up the file and placing it in a pocket in the rear end of her pants. "I wouldn't go around boasting about your...family around here. The girls in my prison, well, let's just say that many of them would take great pleasure in beating up my sister."

Anna trembled.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep, Anna," said Elsa, starting to walk towards the door. "Officer Kristoff will help you get 'settled in' so to speak. I'd say enjoy your stay here...except that I know that you won't."

She chuckled a bit at her own joke, and then she was gone.

Now poor Anna felt worse than ever. Was Elsa right? Would the other inmates want to kill her if they found out that the warden was her sister? Would her life sentence end up being completed much sooner than she had anticipated?

She then realized that she was now hugging herself tightly, shivering as though she was outside in the snow without so much as a blanket to keep her warm. And it wasn't just because she was scared and upset. Her sister's prescence had literally made the room colder.