Chapter 25: Give Me Your Money

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry guys. I promise to make it up " Jordan said apologetically, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"Sure, drive safely. Oh and take care of Speed. Don't drive too fast though. Don't forget your seat belt, don't take any calls in the car, just because I didn't talk the first time doesn't mean I liked it Tio. I mean, sometimes you can be a real idiote, but Tio! And-"

"I get it I get it! I'll check left and right before crossing, I won't eat when driving or text either! " Jordan said quickly, then reversed and moved in the other direction.

"He learns so fast" Alexis sighed, clasping his hands together.

"Oh come on, I bet you learn faster " I nudged him.

"Of course I do! " he grinned, falling into step with me as I walked.

"You said something about basketball? Yeah. So are you professional? "

"Nope. But I play" he said kicking a stone off the pavement

"Huh. Me too " I shrugged "do you come from Spain, as in, have you lived there all your life? "

"Nope, I left when I was 14" he mumbled, his eyes which had a twinkle suddenly became dim.

"Why? "

"Why do you ask so many questions? " he asked crudely.

"Sorry I-"

"Save it"

From there our walk was silent. That's the weirdest thing on earth because Alexis isn't the silent type.

"Look I'm sorry if i-"

"Give me your money" a deep voice said. Our heads snapped to the direction and my stomach dropped. I've only ever seen these in movies, not in real life. The man had a little pot belly with little muscle, his beard was awfully long and dirty brown like his hair color. Everything about him screamed wrong.

"Get behind me" Alexis commanded, pushing me behind him firmly.

"Well... Well, well. Aren't you two cute? Now give me your money if you want to live" the man said menacingly.

"Look, I think we can settle this. I don't have any money on me, Tio. Please let us go" Alexis's eyes zeroed on the Knife the man held.

He laughed falsely "enough chit chat! Give me your damn money! "

"I told you Already-" Alexis began but the man launched at him, aiming for his chest. Alexis skillfully dodged, holding me firmly against him. If this had not been a life or death situation I'd have been thinking oh wow, Alex has a good body!

From behind another man grabbed me and held a knife to my neck. A squeak passed my lips as I began shaking, my eyes fearfully looked at Alexis who was panicked. Not noticing the first man, who had dirty brown hair, Alexis tried to take small steps towards me with his hands in the air "let her go. Hermano please. I'll do anything. You want money? I'll write you a cheque! "

The man with dirty brown hair hit Alexis from behind "oh so now you have money you little shit? "

Alexis landed on the ground holding the back of his head while groaning "yes, yes I have money. How much do you want? "

"Alex... " I whispered, silently begging him not to do it. They shouldn't know he has that much money. "Shut up, girl" he man holding me said.

"Come on, let's take them. " The first man said, dragging Alexis by the collar.

My feet rooted to the ground in fear, eyes wide. I was getting kidnapped. It was real. "Alexis! Alexis! "

"We're taking you too, boy. " the first man said, smiling evilly.