Chapter 3 - Truth or Dare

Lea Preston

"Lea wake up we are going to be late for school." Jamie said in a very loud voice. I open my eyes and saw that Bea and Danica are ready for school already. "What time is it?" "It's 6:45 am" Bea uttered. I quickly jumped out of my bed. I grabbed my phone to check if someone message me or called me.

"Somebody texted you good morning" Jamie said. "Yeah. Who was that?" Danica added. I didn't answer them.

As I walk down the stairs I remembered that River got my phone number. Maybe he was the one who texted me good morning.

I entered the bathroom and quickly took a bath. I went up to go to my room to fix myself. "Hey Lea! you didn't answer us awhile ago? Who texted you?" They all said in a curiously. "I think that was River" I whispered while I'm fixing myself.  "WHAT? RIVER MCAULIFFE? REALLY? Bea shouted. "Yes, the guy from Arts class." I added. I put on a purple shirt and my pants.

We all went down and ate our breakfast. We all rode Danica's car.

As we arrive at school I notice a guy standing in front of the entrance door. As we came closer I recognize him. It was River.

We saw a vacant parking lot and Danica parked her car.

We all walk to the entrance and saw that River was still there standing. My phone in my pocket suddenly buzzed. I checked my phone and was shocked by the message:

"You look beautiful today ;) -R.M.

I quickly replied to his message.

River is this your number? 

My phone buzzed again and saw that the message was from River.  Wow. He reply fast.

Yeah, what is your first class, Lea? ;)

PE. :)

Great. ;) See you then. :))

I didn't reply to his message. But he shouted my name "LEA!" I quickly looked at him. Bea, Danica and Jamie glance at River and they all looked at me at the same time. River is walking towards my direction. I can feel butterflies in my stomach. My palm started to feel sweaty.

Hey, Lea! Do you want to walk with me to class? he said cheerfully.

Danica, Bea and Jamie are still looking at us with confused looks.

"Guys this is River" I said shyly.

"We know" they said simultaneously.

"River they are my best friends.. Danica, Jamie and Bea" I added.

"How did you two meet?" Jamie said.

Even though I know that they all knew the answer to that question. I still answered Jamie.