Chapter 1

Alysha:
It had been a week or so since I decided to try and figure out who the man in apartment sixty-five was but I still had no idea.

I spent countless hours searching on the internet and trying to remember where I had seen those two men before but I just couldn't remember.

As I was coming back from my morning jog, I saw those two men from the stairwell with two other men leaned against the side of the building smoking.

They were already staring at me and since I was in my workout clothes, I just knew their staring was going to intensify as I got closer.

I took a deep breath and gave myself an internal pep talk as I strutted by them.

"Aye!" I heard one of them call after me. "Ally?!"

I turned to answer them.

"Yes?"

The tall, dark, dread-headed one asked. "What you doing out here this early?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I said as I leaned against the building next to him. "And you know my name but you never introduced yourself to me."

"I'm Hawk."

"And who're you're friends?"

"Don't worry 'bout them." He shrugged. "How old are you baby girl?"

"Twenty."

"Ooh, so you're young. What-"

"You say that like you're fifty."

He laughed. "I'm only twenty-eight."

"Ooh okay."

"So, what are you doing here in New York?"

"I'm trying to become a model. My friend Aaron lives here too and he's a designer so hopefully he can help me out. What about you?"

"I'm just looking for cute lil tings like you."

"Why? Recruiting for your friend upstairs?"

"Something like that." He said with a smirk. "You know, he might be able to help with that model thing too."

"Really? You gon' take me upstairs?"

"I can't do that just yet baby girl." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "You gotta earn your way up there."

"And what I do I have to do to do that?"

He slid his hand down my hip to my ass. "I could think of a few things."

"If you think I'ma fuck you to get up there you're wrong."

"Would you fuck me to find out who stays up there?"

"Hmm...I-"

"Ally?"

I turned around when I heard Aaron behind me.