I wonder if she knows the walls arent soundproof...

Hurray! I finally got around to posting chapter 2! Yay! It wasn't supposed to be up till around thanksgiving, but I just really wanted to post it... so I did! And I just realized that all of my sentences ended in exclamation points! Oh ya- just so you know, the quotes in ** mean that it the sentence is in Hawaiian. Just giving you a warning, this chapter took me a really long time to write, so I'm apologizing now if it stinks.The girl on the right is Malie, too :) And I think that's all I've got to say for now... Toodles!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*"Harri! You're on time!"* Malie exclaimed in Hawaiian as I closed the door of Wahine Piki.

*"I'm not always late, you know!"* I pretend scoffed at her, also in Hawaiian. We had both learned how to speak fluent Hawaiian from Malie's Dad  when we were young, and since very few people actually spoke Hawaiian anymore,  Malie and I usually spoke to each other in it, just so no one had any idea what we were talking about.

*"Phh, in what universe?*" she responded in an equal tone. I rolled my eyes.

"*Oh, what would my little Harri do without me?*" she sang, bobbing her head in an aloof manner, still finding a way to point out the fact that she, at 23, was a year older than me. I've always found it funny how bubbly Malie gets after a good surf. She's usually the more serious of the two of us, but after a place like Pauakea, you would never be able to tell.

 I smiled and looked out the window, taking in the pure beauty of Hawaii, with the pikake flowers blooming and the giant elepphant ears bursting out of the ground. We sat there, both in our own little worlds for a while untill Malie suddenly blurted, *"Bro, you should have seen the closeouts [a type of wave] I got today. Aw, they were raw."* And with that, we chatted about our waves and such the rest of the way home.

When we got back to the house, we carried the boards in and I put them back into the quiver while Malie went to take a shower. After I had finished with the boards, I walked into the kitchen to make myself dinner.The decision was between macaroni and cheese or a peanut butter and banana sandwich. I decided on macaroni and cheese. It was actually pretty sad how bad Malie and my cooking were. I could make cereal and sandwiches and Malie could make macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches... and that was it. But I mean, were surfers, so why do we need to be good cooks?

After I heated up my dinner, I walked over to the couch in our living room and sat down to watch the tv. I barely ever watched tv, (it was Malie who watched reality shows like her religion, but if you asked her, shed deny it) because I spent most of my time surfing. When I wasnt surfing, I was usually sleeping, working out, hanging out with friends, or eating. Our surfing expenses were pretty much paid for by our sponsor and from surfing competitions that we won. Malie and I had both signed on to Rip Curl when we were around 10 or so, and they had been sponsoring us ever since. WIth the help of Malie's dad's coaching, we had finally made it to pro surfer level by the time we wereboth 17 or so. That's another upside, I believed, to living in Hawaii, you get to know people like the Kulas (Malie's family). The Kulas are some of the best people i've ever met. They are are native Hawaiians and can trace their history to back when Captian Cook arrived on the islands. Malie and her entire extended family are all pretty close. They all met on the beaches of Wai Koko [a beach] every sunday and have big luaus. I had been going to them with Malie since I was really little and had basically become part of their family, even though I looked nothing like any of them.

 As I finished up my dinner, Malie walked out of the bathroom in an oversized "Surfvivior" t-shirt and gym shorts, drying her medium long black hair in a towel. *"I saved two drops of warm water for you."* she beamed, reaching for the penut butter to make herself an sandwich.

*"Aww, thanks Malie! Your such a sweetheart!"* I smiled back sarcastically. She laughed and plopped down on the couch as I walked to the bathroom. As soon as I shut the door, I heard Malie burst into singing at the tops of her  lungs. Hmm... I though to myself amid giggles, I wonder if she knows that the walls arent sound proof...