Lovebirds Reunited

Chapter Quote:
"She wasn't looking for a knight. She was looking for a sword."
~Atticus
________________________________________

Chapter 14: Lovebirds Reunited

Alec

Bryn rushed to a black-haired girl nearly passed out on the floor. Her sharp blue eyes showed complete relief at the daughter of Zeus's approach. As Alec dug through his backpack to get out some ambrosia and nectar, Silena warned, "In-incoming."

Alec, Izzy, and Bryn turned around to see one of the twins entering the hotel. Considering Derek wasn't with him, it had to be the Eidolon. Phlegon, if he recalled correctly.

"Izzy, with me. Alec, take care of Silena," Bryn ordered. She must've seen the anger on his face because she quickly added, "If this battle goes south and we need to get her somewhere safe, you're the only one strong enough to lift her. Isabelle and I are strong, but not like that. Please, Alec. I'm entrusting you with her life."

He grimaced. "Go. I've got her covered."

"Thank you!" Bryn breathed

"Thank you!" Bryn breathed. Then, with a determined look, she stood up and whirled around to go face the Eidolon head on. She grabbed Phlegon's attention by shouting, "Hey, idiot!"

"Ah! My dear host's sister!" Phlegon chirped. "Looking beautiful and deadly as ever!"

"Luke has rubbed off on her too much," Silena murmured, barely conscious. "T-terrible... in...sult..."

"All right, Silena, let's get some nectar in you," he said, grabbing a vial out of his backpack. Carefully opening her mouth, he poured it in, waiting desperately for it to work, even if it meant just getting her to wake up more.

"Here, I have some water!" a stranger ran up to them. He stared at Alec and asked, "Who are you?"

For some reason, he panicked because he could only imagine what it looked like to the stranger seeing him practically force-feed Silena this strange liquid, so he blurted, "I'm a doctor."

The stranger eyed him suspiciously. "You look young to be a doctor."

"I just have one of those faces. Listen, could you run out to my car and grab my medical kit? I only carry so much in my bag. It's a black Mini Cooper. It'll be unlocked." Reluctantly, the guy left. Alec questioned how that stupid lie had worked, but at least the guy would be kept busy for a while since there was, in fact, no Mini Cooper out there (at least to his knowledge).

"Here, drink some water," he insisted, putting it to Silena's lips. She drank it slowly, but it worked quickly. Her eyes opened up all the way, the dullness ignited with a fire he hadn't seen in someone in a long time.

"Get me to that fountain," Silena ordered, her voice surprisingly strong.

"Is that sanitary?" Alec inquired before he could stop himself. He'd taken a glance at the fountain water when he entered, and it had to have at least one sketchy bacteria in there. Silena was injured and hurt enough already; she didn't need a life-threatening bacterial infection to add on top of her problems.