20. How are you?

Same day. . .

"Wake up dada." Kourtny layed baby Kacey ontop of Keith while he slept. Kacey started making noises and Keith looked down at him.

"Wassup man." Keith picked him up and sat up.

Kourtny watched smiling, "you been sleep for so long."

"What time is it?" Keith fixed Kacey sock that was coming off.

"It's 1:32."

"Did he eat yet?"

"Yeah & I already burped him." Kourtny got up to go to the bathroom.

Keith,

I watched her ass bounce as she walked to the bathroom. Damn. That baby weight got her right, I looked at Kacey.

"You might get a sibling sooner than I thought." I watched him move his lips a bit.

"Hey babe?" Kourtny opened the bathroom door, "I need some tissue."

"It's under the sink."

"It's not any there." Kourtny slammed the cabinet closed. I picked Kacey up and walked to the closet and gave her a roll of toilet paper. "Thank you."

Yes Kourtny and I are giving this one last shot, not for us but for Kacey. I don't want him living in a broken home. I put a car in Kourtny's name so she won't have to worry about me ever taking her keys, she has Kacey so she has to be straight. Kourtny has Postpartum Depression and she won't admit it, she's in denial 100% but she'll have a episode soon.
Luke and I squashed the beef. He's still on me about apologizing to Ryan but I already did. She just doesnt respond so I gave up on trying. I never went to say goodbye at Walter's before she left like I said I would so that could be another reason too. I hit her up a month after Kacey was born and got no response. So I just left her alone, sooner or later we'll have to see eachother, Walter books his clients for the same events most of the time. Speaking of work I haven't been making any money since I've been home taking care of Kacey.. And Kourtny too, on her bad days.

"Hellooooo?" Kourtny waved her hand in my face. "He's crying, please do something." Kourtny shook her head and got under the blanket beside me. I looked at Kacey and he was screaming to the top of his lungs. Kourtny put the blanket overtop of her head, I knew she was about to cry herself. I checked his diaper & walked to the kitchen with him.

"you still hungry?" I grabbed one of the bottles out the fridge. Once I gave him the bottle he relaxed. I walked back upstairs to the nursery and sat in the chair with him and watched him.

I wonder if my father even held me as a baby. I doubt it, once Kacey finished eating I burped him and layed him in his crib. I turned on his monitor and went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and etc. While I was leaning over the sink I heard the bathroom door open.

I turned my head, "whats up?"

She shook her head and leaned on the wall, "I just want him to stop crying like ...forever."

I spit the tooth paste out my mouth and wiped my mouth with my face cloth. "He's a baby he's gonna cry."

She stood there quietly watching me gargle mouth wash, soon as I looked at her through the mirror she stopped staring at my body & squinted her eyes at me, "your mom doesn't think Kacey's yours, does she?"

I spit again and rinsed the sink, "the hell are you talking about?"

Sometimes it's annoying for her to overthink and make shit out of nothing.

"I heard you on facetime with her when you gave Kacey a bath lastnight."

I let out a deep breath and walked pass her. "Im not doing this with you."