Chapter 11

Naomi's POV

We sat in Dominos for hours talking Friday night. Levi left early, which didn't surprise me. He only spoke to me and Nathaniel for about an hour until he had to leave. From what I noticed he wasn't as social as the rest of my friends. If someone didn't start a conversation with him, he would just sit there quietly.

Nate, as usual, would talk Levi's ear off whenever he could. Levi kind of got used to that though so he gave in on his short responses and actually had a conversation him.

It turnes out that Levi attented the same highschool as everyone else. Nathaniel kept rambling on and on about Levi's work in art class and how talented he was. Levi just brushed it off with a "Not really, but thanks."

We spoke more than he did with the talkitive boy. We talked about the book 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfield and how crazy it would be if the world really did turn into some self absorbed planet that went to such an extent to become perfect.

"We're getting there." He had said.

I was just thinking about that this morning as I got out of the shower. Was there no hope for humankind anymore? Was vanity really the one thing that drove our society mad?

People did all sorts of things to stay beautiful and relevant these days. People are so caught up in themselves that they aren't looking at the bigger picture.

God.

Where is God in this world? Where do you see Him get lifted higher over all these worldly things?

Nowhere. The answer was nowhere.

I didn't start preaching to Levi last night, though. We would have stayed in that Dominos until the next day if I would have. And honestly, there is a time and place to talk about God and to preach His word. I didn't have to bring it up yesterday. Maybe some other time.

I'm sitting at my vanity in my bedroom getting ready to go to church. Today is my very first lesson with the teens from church. I'm nervous but excited at the same time to be able to share God's word today to these young adults. I've taught a little bit back home in London, but to smaller kids. These guys were at an age range from thirteen to seventeen, so it was going to be quite different.

I most likely won't be handing coloring books around today.

I braid my hair over to one side and apply a small amount of makeup. Ever since living here in LA I've gotten the slightest tan to my once fair skin. But I really liked it for making my gray eyes pop.

"Honey!" Oh shoot, it's dad. I'm going to be late!

"Coming!" I skamper around my room to look for some shoes that would match my dark wash denim skirt and white blouse. I pluck my black flats out from my closet and try to pull them on as I hop out of my room.

"Where's dad?" I ask Emma as I finally make it downstairs.

"The car." She mumbles as she eats her pop tarte.

"Yummy." I whine as I eye her snack, remembering that I didn't even make time for breakfast this morning.

"Here." She holds it out to me smiling. "Still warm."

"Thank you, love you!" I yell back as I run out the door at the sound of my dad honking the horn again.

"What a powerful name it is, nothing can stand against. What a powerful name it is, the name of Jesus." I sing, waving my hand out the window to catch the wind between my fingers.

A huge smile is plastered on my face as I hear all the people singing on the track. So much voices echoing the beauty of God's grace. How amazing it is to hear crowds of people chanting His name.