I frowned at him. "No."

He was right, though. Lord knows that ever since I was enrolled into this academy two and a half years ago, I've only ever had eyes for Evans. It had been my first day of school and I had been completely lost, standing in the middle of the baseball field with a piece of paper in my hands. Evans had approached me with a bright smile as he had asked what class I had first and it had happened to be the same class he had as well. Since then, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

The clapping from the teachers in front of the room pulled me back to the real word and in the corner of my eyes, I knew Sora was watching me with an intense gaze but I ignored it.

"For today's lesson, I want you to pair up with someone and come up with an essay together based on a society evolution topic," the teacher explained as she crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing the crowd. "It could be about the evolution of technology or even romance, how it's so different from twenty years ago."

The teacher had made it obvious that she was done talking by just standing there as the class quickly got to their feet and shouted for their friend's names. I licked my lips, staring out the window knowing that I didn't have friends in this class and I was going to have to do this essay by myself. I didn't mind it. I liked being independent.

"Would you like to be my partner?" a girl asked and it was awfully close so I turned my head to the side to see one of the shyest girls I had met since coming to this school. She had long, black hair and ocean blue eyes and yet, it almost looked plain. I raised a brow when Sora leaned back in his seat, examining the girl who stood before him as if an animal eyeing its prey. "I mean...you can say no and I'll find someone else but I just thought-"

Sora groaned and rolled his eyes, making the girl blush immensely before jabbing his thumb in my direction. "I have a partner already."

My jaw dropped as the girl glanced over at me, embarrassment creeping up to her eyes. "No! He's not my partner. Have him, I don't want him."

The girl's eyes lit up in hope as she faced Sora again who only blinked at me with a blank expression. I blinked back.

"I'm not an object that can be passed around," he commented, a smirk playing on his lips.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when the teacher walked up to us and stood beside the girl. I bit my lip nervously as the teacher clicked her tongue. "Miss Raelyn, you're with Mr Lockhart. Serena, I have Mr Jones here that needs a partner."

I threw my head back and let out a frustrated groan.

"Wow, the odds are in my favour," Sora teased with a smirk as he leaned back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head, the two front legs of the chair being pushed off the floor.

I clenched my jaw and bit my lip as I snickered at my devilish thought before kicking the side of his chair. With wide eyes, I watched the chair fall to the side, making a loud bang on the ground as Sora fell to the ground, wincing in pain as he shot daggers at me with his piercing green eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle, attracting the class's attention.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I questioned sweetly, innocently batting my eyelashes at him who scoffed, shaking his head in amusement.

"Are you alright, Mr Lockhart?" the teacher rushed to Sora's side, cursing under her breath as Sora pushed her hand aside before getting up to his feet by himself. "Lucinda."

I shrugged. "I was simply making the balance fair."

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing," I answered quietly.

Sora snickered as he slid back into his seat gracefully, running a hand through his hair as he leaned onto his hand again, facing me. "So, is the word 'sorry' not in your vocabulary?"

"It is, I just don't want to use it often," I answered in a quiet voice, swallowing my saliva. It almost seemed as if he was interested in my life.

Classes went by quickly and maybe it was because Sora wasn't in any of my other classes other than AP History. Thank goodness for that. Opening my locker as I grabbed the salad I had packed the night before, I quickly shut the locker gently.

"Did you hear about what's happening in hallway B?" a person questioned as I slightly turned around to see a pair of friends hurrying to the other hallway.

"Yes, apparently this Sora Lockhart is hot," the other person answered with a squeal. "I wanna see it for myself."

I frowned as I followed them behind and right before me, a crowd had already formed. I cursed myself for being a bystander in this but curiosity had gotten the best of me. I pushed myself in between people who were huddled, phones in the air.

My eyes slightly widened when I got to the front and witnessed the scene. Sora has Evans pushed against the lockers, his hand wrapped around his throat as the words left my throat.

"I didn't even mess with you!" Evans shouted, clawing Sora's hand who didn't even move an inch.

Sora opened his mouth to say something but closed it as he turned his head to the side, giving me a smirk. My heart skipped a beat as I bit my lip, wanting to scream at him to let him go but I thought better of it.

A few seconds later, Sora released his hand as Evans collapsed to the ground, breathing haggardly. Sora ran a hand through his hair before approaching me, causing the crowd to take a step back, including I.

"Hey, Luce, what's up?"