Chapter 8

"Where is Mac?" I rushed into the war room, and everyone was in there. Everyone except Mac. "He is ok, isn't he?" I felt wet tears on my cheeks. "Hey Princess, everything is going to be fine. Mac is tough." Jack tried to calm me. "Let's see a doctor for your wounds." No, I won't go to a doctor unless I know exactly where Mac is. "Where is Mac?" I insisted. Matty started talking: "Mac had a little incident on his way here. He is at the hospital. You can see him if you want to."

"I'm Lucy Brown, I want to visit Angus MacGyver. Blond hair, blue eyes, age 28." I said to the receptionist at the hospital. "Room 423" she answered and gave me a weird look. I haven't treated my bruises and cuts, so I must look really bad. I ran towards the next elevator. 4th floor... Room 423... I stand in front of his door. Jack followed me and gentle touches my arm.
"Everything is going to be fine, ok?" I pushed the door open and my eyes scanned the room. Mac laid on a hospital bed. His bruises were healing and everywhere were cables. His eyes were closed. "Mac, hey, I'm here now, ok? Everything is fine, you can wake up now." I mumbled. I sat next to him and held his hand. "Everything is fine, please just wake up." Outside I heard a car playing music. It was my favorite song from Shawn Mendes. I drifted away in my thoughts until I heard someone coughing. Mac woke up. Finally. "Luce? Please tell me that this isn't a hospital."
I felt tears of joy in my eyes. He is ok. I have to say something. "Hey Mac. Everything is fine now. But you are in a hospital."

2 weeks later

We were sitting at Mac's backyard. Everyone was laughing and Bozer cooked again something delicious. After everyone was full with food and tired, Mac and I were laying in his bed. "So Luce, I wanted to thank you. You saved us, even though you got hurt while doing so." He was so cute right now. "That was nothing remarkable. I did something we would all have done. But I have to tell you something: As you were there, tortured by Murdoc... I was so scared and I really suffered too." Mac said for a while nothing. "Oh Luce. I felt the same thing as he did the things to you. I think that I really fell in love with you." Did he really said this right now? He feels the same thing for me as I do for him? "Hey Luce. Is everything ok? You are so silent." Mac must be scared. "Yes Mac, everything is perfectly fine. Better than this. I never thought that this could ever happen to me. You are so perfect. And I'm just me. And I fell also in love with you." He kissed me, more passionate then before. I laid my head on his chest and heard his heart bumping. I tried to burn this memory inside my brain, to never forget this sound and this feeling in my stomach. He held me really tight while we fell asleep.

I woke up next to Mac. He breathed heavily and his forehead was wrinkled. It seems like he had a nightmare. I touched gently his left arm and he startled. He looked in my face and he slowly started breathing normal. "Hey Mac. Is everything ok? You seem enraged." He laid back and stared at the ceiling. I kissed him on his forehead and he tried to smile, but it wasn't his real one. This smile looked faked, fitted. I just laid next to him for a few minutes. Then he started speaking: "Heights... I'm totally afraid of insecure heights." I stroked his face and kissed him again. He closed his eyes again and hugged me. After a few minutes we got up for breakfast.

———————————————————————————
Authors note:
Hey guys!!!

Thanks for reading this chapter. I think that I'll release a few more chapters today. If you find a spelling mistake or something else, please let me know and I'll correct it.

Sophie Greater